Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 246213 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #435 on: November 29, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »
Our tree was with caramel candies and chocolate. My mother always had a lot more hidden to replace those who had gone mysteriously missing.
But not enough to keep the tree stocked :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2020, 07:18:12 PM »
Oh, I'm excited about Captain Jack. I hope they show the same episode here. Is it a Capaldi or a Whittaker episode?

This will be this Holiday Season, not sure if Christmas or New Year Day. So, it's for the current Doctor, Whittaker. Also, Capt Jack has appeared for a short moment in the last season, but his part will be larger this time, I believe.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »
I've only just seen the advert.
I miss there being a Christmas day special.

Still, interesting premise for the episode.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2020, 07:49:41 PM »
Welcome back!
I remember seeing it on London of Christmas Day. But the last two years it was on NY Day, so I bet that is what they are going to do this year.
It's ok, I think there is a chance I can watch WW1984 on HBO on Christmas day, that would be a nice gift for me.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
It's NYD for us so I wouldn't be surprised.

There's a St Mary's short story out for Christmas so I may be reading that. 😁

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2020, 09:03:45 PM »
St Mary?
Missing you, Md 

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM »
The Chronicles of St Mary's.
Brilliant series.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2020, 10:31:02 PM »
Ah, well, I hope you enjoy it then!

Shades, have you heard of LC lately?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
The Chronicles of St Mary's.
Brilliant series.
Is the author Jodi Taylor? The first book called "Just One Damned Thing After Another"? I'm going to read an excerpt when I've finished the new Verus.

And I'm still hoping for a Christmas surprise DF short story.

This week I 'm going to be occupied with the search for Christmas presents for the family.

I think I will create some kind of birthday voucher for my father and my husband for archery training in spring or summer and hope we can do that then.
And I've found a book with real stories of the town my father grew up in. For my husband I still have time.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »
Oh, that about the book sounds great.
And of course about archery.

Yesterday I finished watching the new season of "The Crown." Several memories came to me.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2020, 09:35:44 AM »
There is snow !!!!! I was at the river feeding the ducks. I feel close to Mab now. I got the complete snow experience with snow in my shoes and snow down my collar (a tree suddenly jumped in my way and released himself on top of my head ;D). Yay!
Now I have to clean the sidewalk. Though I can take my time doing it.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
Sorry for the double post. I had to stop, because my dad was calling. I had to bring him home from the hospital. No emergency, just a control to see if his cancer has been stopped from spreading with the medication. But once out of the building he wasn't allowed back in because of the covid-rules. So he had to wait outside in the cold. Next time I told him he could call out from the middle of the entrance hall. So he could wait inside where it is warm and dry. In most places in the lower sections there is no cell phone reception.

So I finished showeling the snow. It was wet, but not heavy. I can take my time with it, because we are the second to last house in a dead end street. And the neighbors in the last house always come and go by car. I rarely see them walk.
Tonight it is going to freeze. Tomorrow there will be ice everywhere. Today my daughter could join her friend in their car to school.
She had an English test. The one we've been learning together for weeks. I hope she has become better now. At least most of the time she knows how to write the words now. In the last test she had grade 6. That's the worst you can have. So we had to do a lot of work to make it better. I hope it was a success. If she keeps having bad grades she'll have to repeat the class.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
Lovely about the snow! So pretty  :D

I hope your dad has not been in the cold for too long.

And crossing fingers for your daughter results in English. Let us know how it works.
Now, in half an hour I have a zoom meeting (work) so I am getting ready.
Missing you, Md 

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2020, 10:52:57 PM »
Is the author Jodi Taylor? The first book called "Just One Damned Thing After Another"?

Yup.
I started JODTAO on a Tuesday. By the Sunday I'd downloaded most of the books and was making good inroads to reading them.
High recommendation.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »
Hello Shades! ((((((((((((SoG)))))))))) Sorry I was not here when you were online.
Watching your avatar I was thinking, is The Watch tv show aired already?

(After the Supernatural ending I am currently watching only two weekly shows, all star ones. Star Wars (The Mandalorian) and Star Trek (Discovery).  :)
Missing you, Md