Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240356 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »
Thank you all.
I think it is not so bad. She fell asleep very fast. So the pain can't be too bad any more. I'll just look for swelling or haematoms in the morning, and if there isn't any, she can go to school.
She said she bumped her head and her elbow. Could be she hit the wrong nerves so the pain spread.
This is what you get, when you do acrobatics on a sofa. Usually it is for sitting or sleeping. ;)
I always said, a sofa is a dangerous place to be, if you don't use it for it's purposes. Once I sprained an ankle getting up. What does life want to tell me? Stay seated! LOL

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »
Many moons ago, we used to play that here in Weird we were in a fantastic place called the SHOV (Secretly Hollowed Volcano). In that magical place (where I still live, mind you, we citizens of the SHOV are for ever) we had some special couches and sofás. One of them used to eat people. The other has been rescued and we had educated him, so he has learned not to eat people, only wallets and things like that. And one of them had a soft spot for remote controllers.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2020, 10:55:40 PM »
Omg that's funny. ;D
Our sofa used to stick little daggers in your butt, if you sat on it. LOL
In reality it was the little cat beneath it, who had a lot of fun hunting for hapless body parts that touched the seat.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2020, 10:58:03 PM »
LOL, that was funny!

Shades of Grey, one of us, was the expert in couches. She sometimes told us stories about them. She is absolutely hilarious when she is in the mood.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2020, 11:14:39 PM »
Maybe you have summoned her now. 8)

The cat was a crazy one. You had to put a fat cushion behind you, if you wanted to stay seated or sit on the edge where she couldn't reach you.
And she attacked everything that was seen outside a blanket except the head and everything moving under a blanket.
And the weirdest thing: she had a plastic fetish. There are still plastic garden shoes and Barbie dolls with bite marks. She destroyed every plastic bag she could find. But such a funny cutie.
I remember when we had guests and they wanted to sit on the sofa.
Wait a moment. OK. Better not. Wait until she is gone and when she comes back... run. LOL

But I have to sleep now. I'm tired. Good night. "See" you.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 18, 2020, 11:18:39 PM »
LOL!

Well, in the old days, that worked like a charm, I always was good at summoning her or DC here. But, of course, I had to called their Name thrice. Here I used his forum name but of course I mentally do the spell using their real Names.

Shades is English, and one of the funniest things was watching the London 2012 opening ceremony here. Everyone in our cases, watching. I distinctly remember saying that the opening needed some Mary Poppins and presto! A lot of Mary Poppins were there. Shades and I had a good laugh about that.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 19, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
Maen!
I just wanted to tell you, Mikrome is fine. She can move her arm any way she likes and there is no swelling, just a lot of blue and red skin.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 19, 2020, 07:37:54 AM »
Oh I am so glad to hear that  :D  *does a happy dance*
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2020, 11:30:49 AM »
Oh I am so glad to hear that  :D  *does a happy dance*
Yeah. Me too.  ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 19, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »
Has she been able to sleep well?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 19, 2020, 06:43:36 PM »
Yes. And now she is hopping and bouncing around like always as if she has swallowed several rubber balls. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2020, 07:04:15 PM »
LOL! That is good to hear.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »
Hi!
I might be absent for a week or so. Tomorrow I'm starting with the first of 7 nights. ... First of Seven not Seven of Nine lol
By the way, my husband and I admitted once that sometimes we only watched Star Trek Voyager because of Seven of Nine. She was rocking that thight fancy one piece suit. And I was fascinated by her hair. I wanted to copy it, but didn't understand how to hide the ends. Every time I thought I came near, suddenly half the hair was in my face again, LOL.
I think they might have used a lot of hair spray.

Soon there will be the next Alex Verus on the market. I've already ordered my copy. It is at the shop but I'm not allowed to get it before the release date.
Funny story. They called me, my ordered book is there. I said OK, I come and get it. Then I called back (because I am too honest and stupid ;) ), that can't be the right book, because the release date is next week in the USA and Canada and everywhere else in two weeks. I didn't expect it arriving before Christmas, to be honest.
Then they looked it up and found out about the release date, but the delivery came without information. And they are not allowed to sell it before. If they had known, they wouldn't even have called. So if I hadn't been too lazy to drive all the way to the bookstore for the presumable wrong book, they wouldn't have known. And I would have the book now.

... I think, working in a book store would be a good idea for my older daughter. *makes innocent face*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »
Ok Regen, I hope your week is not very tiring.

I love 7of9 hair and I agree with you, the secret must be tons of hairspray! Voyager was ok but I was never inlove of it as I was with TNG or DS9. But 7of9 was a very interesting character and I liked it. I also liked to finally see a female captain! (it's not the first on screen but it's the first with her own show). And I think she was a good captain.

Today or tomorrow we will see another episode of Discovery. Also, the Mandalorian. I am such a star person  :)

It is good that you are honest and I hope you don't have to wait too much for your book.

Working in a bookstore has been a fantasy for me since ever  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2020, 03:56:25 PM »
I like Discovery too. Though they did that alternate universe stuff again. This is so old in Star Trek and has been done so many times I can't count. So it got a bit on my nerves. Sweaty dark cajal Kirk was funny and goatee Spock too, but alternate universe has been used too many times IMHO. But I admit, in Discovery they did it quite well. And I thought Oh no, I liked the captain!!! Damn.