Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 240349 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1860 on: December 18, 2022, 09:34:14 PM »
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 19, 2022, 06:24:21 AM »
Hey Dina! Just wanted to come on and say I was so happy for you. I remember how excited you would be for the World Cup and Messi. I was rooting for you!
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 19, 2022, 02:35:16 PM »
Thank you Jin! You are so sweet! (((((((((((((((Jin)))))))))))))))) I hope you are doing well.
Argentina (the country I mean) was a party yesterday! It was so beautiful!  :)

What a match! Again, like with Netherlands, it seemed that we had all solved, all was well, and then in 2 minutes all went South and we ended in the penalties. But this time the supplementary time was even more emotional.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 02:48:39 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 21, 2022, 04:35:44 AM »
 ;D ;D
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 22, 2022, 01:03:43 AM »
Yesterday (tuesday) was declared a National Holiday so people could go to the streets to see the players (and the cup) who were in a bus without roof for some hours until it was too much, they took a detour, board some helicopters and went back to the place were they all were spending the night. Apparently it was the more crowded manifestation in Argentina's history, including other World Cups (we won in 1978 and 1986) and the funerals of beloved people. Newspapers are talking about around 5 million people on the streets. It was incredible. So much joy. Argentina really needed it. Of course, our problems are not solved, but at least we were happier for a while. Besides, our players are nice and respectful people.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 23, 2022, 03:03:52 PM »
This is nice to hear. I am happy for you, Dina! :)

Apparently Mab is on holiday or something. Probably plotting with Kringle. She forgot to keep it cold here. All the ice and snow is gone and has been replaced by rain.
But OK, like this it will be safer to drive tomorrow. We will be having Christmas at our home.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 24, 2022, 12:04:52 AM »
I wish everyone a very merry Christmas!! :) ;D:) ;D:) ;D:) ;D

It is so weird to have Christmas decorations and Argentine flags, t-shirts and things like that all at the same time. The only December World Cup!
Argentinians apparently just remembered Christmas was coming after the Tuesday celebrations, so a lot of people invaded the stores to do shopping for gifts. I went to buy some pants (not as a gift, just because the old ones were too well-loved) and in some places it was terrible difficult to walk. It was full of people!

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 24, 2022, 07:54:05 AM »
Merry Christmas !
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 10:01:32 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 31, 2022, 09:27:38 PM »
And Happy New Year for everyone!! Stay safe and have a lot of fun!

My Christmas were nice, and then I've spent the Christmas evening and dinner at my cousin's house, with family (2 dogs included). It was good and there was delicious food. I also got some great gifts, one of them was the full Mary Poppins books. I am looking forward to my vacation, so I can have time to enjoy it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 01, 2023, 12:08:44 AM »
Happy new year!
Frohes neues Jahr!
¡Feliz año nuevo!
Buon anno!
Bonne année!
عام سعيد
С Новым Годом!