Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 246787 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1140 on: June 28, 2021, 05:47:32 PM »
Hello Fcrate, yes I am well. Hope the same for you!
It's another grey day here, but it does not matter, I have much work to do anyway.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »
I was a little depressed the past few weeks, but I am fine now, thanks. Today was 42°C, but now it's night and there's a fresh breeze. I am relaxing on the roof with a book a bonfire with a pot of tea on it :)
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 28, 2021, 10:45:58 PM »
Oooh, the part about relaxing in the roof with the bonfire, the tea and a book sounds wonderful! I bet the stars are beautiful? I am not one of complain about mega-cities and all that. I am a urban product and love living like that. But the thing I feel we miss the most are the starry nights. We see very few stars in the big cities.

Sorry about all the heat and especially about your depression. I know it is difficult, but if you ever felt like you need someone to talk, my inbox is open for you (and if needed, I will give you my e-mail).
We were talking about depression some days ago here. Depression is sadly all too common.

Well,about me, now I am getting ready to watch a show on Argentinian history for a while, and then a football match (Argentina-Bolivia). I need to finish reading a paper before, so I'll leave for now. Hopefully I will be back later.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 29, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »
Thanks Dina, I appreciate it and I'll keep that in mind :) I don't think depression is more common now, I think we're just learning to recognise it. At least this is the case with me.
Yes, the stars are beautiful out here, although the villages modernized over the last few years (i.e they all have electricity now) and the sky isn't very busy with stars like when I first moved here. Anyway I rarely get to lay down on my back and look at them, because my dogs would welcome the excuse to lick my face and use my stomach as a wresting ring. I prefer the moon anyway.
So, who won? :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 08:09:44 AM by Fcrate »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 29, 2021, 09:06:00 AM »
Yes, I think you are right about depression.

Aww, cute dog. And of course, I like the moon too.

Argentina won 4-1 over Bolivia, but it was not really important as it was the last match of the group phase of the current tournament (Copa America, which is like Eurocopa but for South America). Next match will be an eliminatory one, so that will be important.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 29, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
Hello, weird people!!!!

I've been absent for a while and still need to read all the new posts on the boards. It will take me a few days, because this week I'm working the nightshift again. There is no internet available for me at work, and even if it was, I wouldn't have the time to sit down and read a lot, so it will take me a few days. ;)
I was very busy with work in the last weeks. A lot of people calling in sick. One even has a broken wrist and had surgery recently.
The nightshift is OK. I like working in teams, but I enjoy being on my own a lot more. During the night I am all alone in my part of the laboratory. It's a lot of work but I like it. I'm more of a night time person anyway.

There was a heavy storm a few minutes ago. The windows have been rattling and the crane looked as if it was about to fall down. There were sirens everywhere for a while. Now it is raining. But I like the rain. It cools everything down. It has been hot and humid weather before the thunder storm.

My little one is learning to play guitar now. My brother in law is teaching her.

2 weeks ago we have visited a 12th certury castle in the vicinity. That was fun. We managed to be in time for the guided tour. It was very interesting. And they had ice cream, cake and coffee. I wanted everything, so I ordered ice coffee and cake. The kids ate all the cake, but I managed to snatch a few bites.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 01, 2021, 08:05:18 AM »
(((((((Regen))))) It's good to see you!  :) You have been missed.
Sorry about all the people calling sick. I understand liking to be working alone, and about nightshift. I am very nocturne myself.

Storms are awesome, they have something that charges you of energy. And if the thunders stop (or at not so many) and it is only rain, it is nice to sleep with it as a lullaby.

Oh, I am glad to hear that your little one is playing guitar. I believe I told you before that I absolutely suck at music, I have zero musical ear, so I never bother with an instrument as a child. Still, sometimes I think that was a mistake, I could have had some fun if I were not so self-conscious about it (I've been told how terrible I am at music since I was very, very little). If I had a child, I would let them have fun with music and play any instrument if they want to, even if they had inherited my abysmal music talent. And I definitely think any child with some talent can just love creating their own music, so I am happy your little one has that chance.

That sounds so awesome about the castle, and I have to love Europe. There is nothing so old here, not even the structures from the aboriginal people.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 01, 2021, 07:33:13 PM »
Dina, we have the opposite problem.. Everything is old here. :D
Random thought: Is there any bad mood that survives playing with two puppies for 10 minutes?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 01, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »
LOL! I don't think so, puppies are amazing that way. Also, cat's purring. It has an awesome calming effect. I always thought cats are parcially tribbles  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 02, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »
I used to think so, but my current cat is more than a little wild. Even when I'm stroking her fur and she's purring, I have to be on guard, as I might accidentally touch her belly the wrong way and trigger a violent response, so it's not as relaxing. Her daughter is a sweetie though, not a violent bone in her body :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 07:57:29 PM by Fcrate »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 02, 2021, 08:16:20 PM »
LOL, your cat is a fierce beast  :)

I never had a cat so violent, to be honest. At least, not with me or the family. Some of them did not like strangers and they showed it, but with us they ranged from absolute sweetness to acceptance with the occasional scratch or hiss, but more as a warning that an actual attack.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 02, 2021, 10:15:56 PM »
Lol, while I'm typing this, she's fighting off a few cats who came to investigate the smell of my bbq. I only finished work a couple of hours ago, and it was too hot to cook, now it's midnight and it's finally cool enough for me to enjoy my BBQ. Ok, she just kicked them out. And gone to chase them away a few meters. She'll be back by the time I start eating, as always. :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 02, 2021, 10:26:21 PM »
As she should. You have to pay her for her services as a bouncer for those other cats.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 02, 2021, 11:21:58 PM »
I think of it more like "Taking out the trash". I did give her the skin and just a little bit of the duck :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 02, 2021, 11:39:50 PM »
That is good enough, I am sure she is happy with it.  :)
Your bbq is mainly duck or you have something else?
Missing you, Md