Author Topic: Need Help Making some connections for an adventure  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Need Help Making some connections for an adventure
« on: May 19, 2020, 06:15:03 PM »
I'm introducing some friends to Dresden.  I've made them some pre-gens and I'm setting it in 1994. I need a 6-8 session story arc.  I have lots of ideas but can't put them together to give the players a hook.

Here's what I have:
-Northern City;  gateway from South (civilization) to North (Wilderness) -Theme
-A run-down psychiatric hospital on the outskirts of town, surrounded by lots of bush.  It actually will one get shut down in 2012, so I thought I could use that.  Maybe there's a reason why they want it shut down?
-A University, also just on the outskirts surrounded by bush and lots of trails
-A missing person who went missing 30 years ago from the Psych hospital.  My plan is to make him a BCV.
- Some murders revolving around the BCV
-Organized crime and  a Crooked Construction Company
-A Social Worker/Psychiatrist working with the BCV.   But having a hard time with the connection.  Maybe also using or being used by the mafia.
- A Military NORAD Base  With a 1950s underground complex
-First Nations Spirituality/Mythology

PCs:
Cop (Pure Mortal)
Reporter (Pure Mortal)
Priest (True Believer)
Soldier RC Infected
Student with Cassandra's Tears and The Sight (minor talent)

Background:  In the 50s-60s Organized Crime used charitable organizations to run Bingo scams.  It was big business.  Connections to Sicilian mafia.  Mussolini cracked down on Mafia in Italy at that time.  A Don, also a BCV flees Italy and ends up in our town.  For several months, there are disappearances as the Don tries to set up his Scourge in this wilderness town.  But the local priest finds out about the Bingo scam and stumbles upon the BCV.  In the ensuing fight, The Missing Person from the psych ward who was turned into a Vamp is somehow 'put on ice' for 30 years.  He wakes up and is now working to further his goals. 

How can a BCV go MIA for 30 years?  What prompted him to awaken now?  How is he connected to the psychiatrist?  How does it relate to the hospital?

Any advice would be awesome.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:17:24 PM by Taran »

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Making some connections for an adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »
Well pertaining to the BCV due to them being so limited, it is possible for them to hide really well. It is not like they are floating around like cabbage, the way white courts are. So in that instance, if they have been keeping their head down and not stepping on any toes. They can get by. Perhaps the BCV has friends in high places, who for helping him stay unseen, he does a few favors for them. No matter how power a supernatural heavyweight is, they would need help in some area of aspect. Nic has proven that to us when he tried to break in Hades vault, despite how stupidly powerful he is.

I feel that it would all have to boil down to the why? Maybe he is a new BCV who had a bad run in with his/her maker. An he was put to sleep for whatever reason to make him desperate, especially if he/she is new to his powers and is going on pure instinct. Time has passed him by, he's hungry, disoriented and is in need of friends to help him. Desperation can do alot to a person.