Author Topic: What do you look forward to in Peace Talks?  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Vanderboom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What do you look forward to in Peace Talks?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 01:18:19 PM »
I also hope (although I doubt I'll see all of it) to see:

* Uncle Thomas of the Unlimited Money Cards spoiling one or more of his nieces.
* a new career path for Karrin Murphy
* another Carpenter kid (maybe Hope?) develop power
* rebuilt or rebuilding White Council and Wardens; 3-4 U.S wardens aren't enough.
* Ivy/Kincaid reunion
* an actual challenge to Lara's power

Offline count_espire

• Participant
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
I'm looking for to:
More Santa Clause
Seeing what tidbit of information Harry figures out to shed the winter knight mantle on Halloween (though I see this more as an end game item, after the outsiders are dealt with)
Some more info around Mac
Edmond Dantes:  Never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
Oooh, yeah, we'll probably see more Santa. I bet the whole Wild Hunt could come out to fight.
I want to see Lara get challenged and take a big dent in her power as well, since it's been awhile since she's had that happen.
I want to see Bonnie and Bob interact, that could be very funny.
I do want Ivy/Kincaid interaction and for Harry to see it.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 07:10:56 PM »
We've had hints from Jim that indicate Harry's not letting Bob anywhere near Bonnie and that Kincaid may not even be in the next book. I think Jim said "Ivy's showing up alone to the peace talks," or something like that. It was after the short story Goodbye came out.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
I really hope Jim goes in this direction. I don't mind if he does it slowly by just adding one or two awesome gadgets a book, but I'm going to be pretty disappointed if he doesn't at least do "permanent" or "full" enchantments. That would allow him to have more (instead of just better) equipment. In either Storm Front or Fool Moon, Harry talks about how full enchantments are expensive and he only does partial enchantments on his equipment.

The time jump from SG is only supposed to be a few months, and he's been busy reestablishing a home and connecting with Maggie. And presumably with Karrin. He's probably just getting started laundering the diamonds.

Mind you, living in Molly's apartment for the time being, the svartalves would probably trade crafting work directly for gems. That would be faster, and probably more efficient with the value of them than laundering to dollars to buy with. So an item or two (new shield bracelet?) is definitely feasible.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 09:38:08 PM »
We've had hints from Jim that indicate Harry's not letting Bob anywhere near Bonnie...

I'm pretty sure Harry will go to pretty extreme lengths to keep pervy-Bob far, far, far away from either of his daughters (and Evil Bob even further, of course).

It remains to be seen whether Jim permits Harry to have his way in this...

;D

Offline jsavoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 12:41:14 AM »
Reading it

Offline Kram

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:37 AM »
I feel I could echo many things here, but I’d add for myself:
- Seeing where Marcone and his enterprise stands now
- Seeing more of any of the Accords signatories we haven’t really heard much from (Mr. Ferro, Drakul, ....I’m forgetting who else)
- Seeing the equivalent of Mouse’s puppy stage with Bonnie
- Charity reacting to Molly as Winter Lady. I don’t think we’ve seen that

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 01:19:26 AM »
@Karn: Well he did say that we are gonna see how Charity and Michael react to Molly becoming the Winter Lady.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 06:59:54 AM »
I want to see The Merlin.  Mostly, I want to find out how the White Council officially explained the destruction of the Red Court.  Perhaps the Merlin claimed that Harry was operating with the approval of Council, essentially claiming the credit.  Also, I'd like to find out what the reaction was when the Gatekeeper announced that Harry was still alive and see Arthur Langtry's reaction to seeing Harry again.  Perhaps it will include an involuntary eye twitch or two.

Barring that, I'd like to see Harry talk to Senior Council member Cristos and faux apologize for disrupting Cristos' peace initiative with the Red Court.

Perhaps more realistically, I'd like to see Harry have to use what Kringle called games of protocol; sometimes talking to members of the White Council or other parties as a warden of the White Council, sometimes as the Winter Knight and perhaps once or twice as The Warden (of Demonreach).  After Jim introduced the idea in Skin Game that Vadderung must act in very different ways depending on which persona or mask he is wearing or is forced to wear at any given occasion, I think Harry will have to learn how to do the same thing and it could be fun to see.

I want to see Michael and Charity Carpenter find out about Molly's new position.  Oh man, is that going to be awkward for Harry.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »
I don't think we'll see it yet in Peace Talks, or even Battle Ground...  But I observe the Jim has laid the groundwork for a really potent power-up for Harry.

We know that point-to-point Gateways are possible, apparently by creating back-to-back openings to the Nevernever, such that you can step into one gate and out of the other, in the same step.

We know that you can cast across a Nevernever-gate.  Cowl attacked Harry that way (in the Raith Deeps), etc.

In principle, then...

Harry could stand on Demonreach, with full Warden power and all those ley-lines, and open a gateway to wherever he needs to be really REALLY powerful.

(edit:  I guess this is a WAG, more than an on-topic post for the thread... apologies;  "wannasee tax" -- Gotta +1 looking forward with both dread and amusement to the scene where Molly tells her 'rents "oh yeah... now I'm a faerie, and immortal, and...")
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:33:33 PM by g33k »

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2020, 09:02:12 PM »
On the plus side, an immortal kid is sort of the dream scenario for a parent is it not? There is one kid that will never be in a car accident etc. :-D

I guess the soulfire can help with making stable ways as well. Harry: I use my soulfire gate to blast people with power from condensed evil.

If it happens I also guess it is for later.

I look forward to hearing more about the artifacts.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »
I don't think we'll see it yet in Peace Talks, or even Battle Ground...  But I observe the Jim has laid the groundwork for a really potent power-up for Harry.

Oh yeah. I feel like it could be a tad too soon for Harry to get a power up. He could get put through the wringer, hear some revelations, then have to do some emotional work in order to earn his next power up.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2020, 05:27:22 AM »
Oh yeah. I feel like it could be a tad too soon for Harry to get a power up. He could get put through the wringer, hear some revelations, then have to do some emotional work in order to earn his next power up.

Supposedly -- from the blurb released -- he's going to need a power up when "the last Titan" comes to town.  But we already suspect (from the cover of Battle Ground) that he's got that one covered, by mounting the Spear of Longinus onto his staff...

I was thinking that he probably doesn't get that one AND to set up Demonreach's power to go anywhere he wants it to...

Harry's still doing is same spell to open his Ways, and notices (often) how much more impressive OTHERS' openings are... like, everybody who CAN do it, does it better than Harry.  So it'll be a while before he's doing the more-sophisticated variants.

But the groundwork is in place (or so I WAG).

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2020, 07:33:36 AM »
Harry's getting a powerup. He's not pregnant anymore. That's got to count for something. He's got Bonnie, for whatever she's going to be worth. He'll at least have a copper shield bracelet (because he had it Jury Duty). It's really more of a question of how much of a powerup he's getting and whether he losses some power.