Author Topic: Peace talks excerpt indications  (Read 44754 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Peace talks excerpt indications
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2020, 02:58:06 PM »
Eb might know what Margret intended.  The argument that tips off Arianna as to Harry's linage was probably related to that. Almost certainly Lea.

If I remember correctly Eb and Margaret and Lord Raith got together for dinner once or twice a year.  Arianna was present for one of those dinners.   I don't think it was out in the open as far as Eb and Margaret being father/daughter, but the way they interacted/argued apparently was a big tip off to Arianna that at the very least they were closely related.  Also Susan named her daughter after
Margaret, that was a big tip off,  Lord Raith may have told Arianna as well.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2020, 09:19:58 PM »
The only indication of where that family may have actually been would be assumptions based on their surname.
There's also that they, including Maggie, spoke Spanish and Susan visited. But that only implies area. They could have been in Spain or any number of places.

The thing is, I've yet to see any indication that any of the good guys knows that Harry is a Starborn.
Well, Karin and the Erlking know. Karin likely doesn't have a clue as to what it means and the question of whether or not the Erlking is a good guy or bad guy is open.

If I remember correctly Eb and Margaret and Lord Raith got together for dinner once or twice a year.  Arianna was present for one of those dinners.   I don't think it was out in the open as far as Eb and Margaret being father/daughter, but the way they interacted/argued apparently was a big tip off to Arianna that at the very least they were closely related.  Also Susan named her daughter after
Margaret, that was a big tip off,  Lord Raith may have told Arianna as well.
I don't recall anything about there being multiple dinners. It may have been brought up in Blood Right, but Arianna's involvement was definitely brought up at the end of Changes.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2020, 08:08:59 AM »
The problem with wizards is that they don’t share information. So even if Marta or Rashid know about Harry being a star born that does not mean anybody else knows.

Indeed.

Pretty sure we have WoJ that the Senior Council -- collectively -- knows everything about Harry being a Starborn, what that implies, etc; but that the bits and pieces of the knowledge are scattered amongst the SC, who aren't sharing.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2020, 08:18:17 AM »
... Martha Liberty mentions what Harry is destined for way back in...Summer Knight? In that case, I think she was referring to DuMorne's intention to shape him as an enforcer, something that Morgan echoes in his final note ...

I think that is one of the bits that Jim has intentionally written to be ambiguous.  Deciding what was meant is ... well ...  Something of a Longshot.  ;-)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
I don't recall anything about there being multiple dinners. It may have been brought up in Blood Right, but Arianna's involvement was definitely brought up at the end of Changes.

I  would have to find the exact quote in Changes, but I am pretty sure it was more than one dinner, which
would make sense when you think about it.  Margaret was with if not married to Raith for several
years, Thomas was six or seven when she left him.   Not saying they were happy affairs but unless
Eb wanted to cut himself of totally from his daughter and she, him, that would be one way to keep
the connection going.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2020, 08:09:17 PM »
A dinner. Maggie--my Maggie--asked me to a dinner.
Ch. 49.