Author Topic: Book 17 title and description  (Read 3591 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Book 17 title and description
« on: April 25, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
Hey everyone!  I haven't posted here in a looong time.  I hope ya'll are well...  I don't know if this has been posted yet but on Amazon I was looking at Dresden files book and it's already listed book 17 for the Dresden files.  It's title is:  Battle Ground

Description:

Harry has faced terrible odds before. He has a long history of fighting enemies above his weight class. The Red Court of vampires. The fallen angels of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. The Outsiders.

But this time it’s different. A being more powerful and dangerous on an order of magnitude beyond what the world has seen in a millennium is coming. And she’s bringing an army. The Last Titan has declared war on the city of Chicago, and has come to subjugate humanity, obliterating any who stand in her way.

Harry’s mission is simple but impossible: Save the city by killing a Titan. And the attempt will change Harry’s life, Chicago, and the mortal world forever.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Book 17 title and description
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
Yes, thank you. The announcement that there will indeed be two books this year or let's say the confirmation has been made in the trailer. Have you seen it?
If not, here's the link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F17zuaRJG0U

I hope July comes soon and after that it's not far to Battle Ground release. I'm so excited. But I'm sure you all share my feelings. Just saying.  ;)

Offline lunasol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:47:52 PM »
Hello! I am new here, and somewhat lost.
Can anyone tell me what the Big Apocalypse Trilogy is, please?
Thank you  :)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »
Hello! I am new here, and somewhat lost.
Can anyone tell me what the Big Apocalypse Trilogy is, please?
Thank you  :)

Hi! And welcome :)
These would be the last 3 books at the end of the whole series.

Offline lunasol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 05:19:02 PM »
Hi! And welcome :)
These would be the last 3 books at the end of the whole series.

Thank you!
Does that start with Peace Talks and Battle Ground + #3 or is Battle Ground meant to be the last book? I almost don't want to know the answer...because as much I know that all things must end I'm definitely in deep denial about that.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
I think I remember there will be 22-23 books. But if that includes the BAT, I'm not so sure. Also I'm not sure if Battle Ground counts as one of the planned books, or if it adds one to the count, because as I have understood, it was supposed to be the final part of Peace Talks, but the book got too long and had to be splitted and supposedly rewritten to become two separate books.

But maybe someone who knows better reads this and corrects me.

Personally, I want it to end as long as it is still good, if you know what I mean. This is a series, I have never found anywhere else, with so many books and an ongoing story line, that is still really really well written. It even got better, IMHO.
Most long lasting book series start to repeat themselves or get boring or stagnate, because the main character never evolves and never changes.
That's one of the things I like about the DF. You literally read about Harry as he is aging and changing and has to adapt to new situations and knowledge. And he makes mistakes. And although there are several other characters, each of them has a different personality. And you can both laugh and cry while reading. Even if the story line is sometimes sad or very dramatic things happen, there is still jokes and fun in between.
I hope the books continue in this kind of quality. So they are fun to read and re-read.

There is saying here, that you should stop when it is still good.

Because otherwise it will be remembered as the thing that started out awesome and ended boring. That would be sad.

Offline lunasol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
I understand what you're saying, it's always better to go out on top & on your own terms. This is the longest series I've read and I have enjoyed every single book. It would be doing it a disservice for it to go on just for the sake of simply going on. Thanks for your input on the book #'s, I appreciate it.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
I understand what you're saying, it's always better to go out on top & on your own terms. This is the longest series I've read and I have enjoyed every single book. It would be doing it a disservice for it to go on just for the sake of simply going on. Thanks for your input on the book #'s, I appreciate it.

Jim's plan all along was a long "case files" series (originally 20 books) then a capstone of "the Big Apocalyptic Trilogy" (or BAT).

The casefiles is now, IIRC, expected to be 21-22 books, +3 for the BAT.

(now I wonder: did Jim intend (we know he's an RPG gamer!) to have it as "d20 and a +3 BAT"?)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:59:55 PM by g33k »

Offline lunasol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 03:35:16 AM »
Jim's plan all along was a long "case files" series (originally 20 books) then a capstone of "the Big Apocalyptic Trilogy" (or BAT).

The casefiles is now, IIRC, expected to be 21-22 books, +3 for the BAT.

(now I wonder: did Jim intend (we know he's an RPG gamer!) to have it as "d20 and a +3 BAT"?)

Oh, ok. That's awesome.
It's only now, that I've been poking around here, that I learned that was his intention. Then I had to wonder if Brief Cases and Side Jobs played into that number, Battle Ground sounds pretty apocalyptic  :-\, and down the speculation wormhole I go...it's easier to just ask.  :) Re-reading during quarantine had me wondering. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!