Author Topic: Keep Blaze in your thoughts!  (Read 9762 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Blaze in your thoughts!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2020, 03:41:21 AM »
All the best!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 06:38:22 AM »
This time they needed convalescent whole blood.  So I donated that. 

All the blood banks are looking for donors, folks!  Especially AB and AB- donors.

It is an easy way to be a hero and save a life! 

Plus, I got cookies, thin mints!  (Not for me, I gave them to my BFF for her family)
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 07:01:05 AM »
What? Why would they need AB? That is the one group that can accept every group donation (of course, AB- will still need RH- blood, but not necessarily AB. And it is true that it is the rarer group but normally that is not a problem).
I am AB, they told me I cannot donate due to hepatitis,decades ago, but I never felt they needed my blood too much, precisely because I am AB+, the most "selfish" group of all.  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »
Maybe for plasma donation. That would make more sense.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 02:32:51 PM »
True. As it is the rarer group they would be less recovered people with AB group.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 03:06:03 PM »
Yes and plasma of AB donators can be given to any other blood type. Because there are no antibodies against A or B in it.
But a patient with the blood type AB can only receive plasma from another AB person, because all the other blood types have antibodies against either A or B or both in their plasma.
***Being a smartass for those who don't know.***  ;D

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2020, 02:09:25 AM »
As long as I continue to have antibodies, I will be giving blood as often as I am allowed! 

Dina, yeah, they have lists of when you can't give blood because of ailments and medications. 

I am in good enough shape for this! 

People gave blood when my son was soo soo soo sick, and it saved his life.   It is the least I can do in return!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.