Author Topic: Errors, Inconsistencies, and Oddities  (Read 6537 times)

Offline Mogley123

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Errors, Inconsistencies, and Oddities
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 01:43:57 PM »
What I find interesting when people talk about inconsistencies is they never mentioned Bob how and one book when Harry was asking him about the winter night he said he was a part of Summer and you didn't know about winter when asked about the billy goat gruff. he said he was Winter and didn't know about summer

Online didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Errors, Inconsistencies, and Oddities
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 02:35:42 AM »
What I find interesting when people talk about inconsistencies is they never mentioned Bob how and one book when Harry was asking him about the winter night he said he was a part of Summer and you didn't know about winter when asked about the billy goat gruff. he said he was Winter and didn't know about summer

No, that's not what happened.  Here's what Bob said in Summer Knight:

I turned to the folder Mab had given me and went through the newspaper clippings inside. “Any idea who the Winter Knight is?”
“Nope. Sorry,” Bob said. “My contacts on the Winter side are kinda sketchy.”

Butcher, Jim. Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4) (p. 136). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

In Small Favor, he says this:

“My knowledge of the faerie realms is mostly limited to the Winter end of things,” Bob said. “These guys don’t sound like anything I’ve run into.”

Butcher, Jim. Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) (p. 13). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

There's not really a contradiction here.  Most of his knowledge is of Winter, but his current contacts with them aren't as good.  They're really two different things.