Author Topic: Battle Ground??  (Read 21115 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground??
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 05:37:40 PM »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »
I thought Mirror Mirror was the next book?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
Don't take that statement the wrong way.  Jim is a merchant peddling his wares.  He has the right to structure his merchandise in whatever way he sees fit.  As a fairly loyal customer I have to put up with it.  But I don't have to like it.  Here's the thing, Jim laid out a fairly clear roadmap.  This wasn't in it.  He's also coming off a six year hiatus which had to reduce his income stream.  I think he had a long book, looked at the numbers and said.  Hmmmm.  Battle Ground.  I'm gonna buy it, I think I'll enjoy it.  But the salient point for me is that I will probably not buy it in two formats as I usually do.  Maybe just the Kindle version, maybe Audible.  And this is the last time I will bring it up since I am more than certain that people really don't want to hear it.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
Don't take that statement the wrong way.  Jim is a merchant peddling his wares.  He has the right to structure his merchandise in whatever way he sees fit.  As a fairly loyal customer I have to put up with it.  But I don't have to like it.  Here's the thing, Jim laid out a fairly clear roadmap.  This wasn't in it.  He's also coming off a six year hiatus which had to reduce his income stream.  I think he had a long book, looked at the numbers and said.  Hmmmm.  Battle Ground.  I'm gonna buy it, I think I'll enjoy it.  But the salient point for me is that I will probably not buy it in two formats as I usually do.  Maybe just the Kindle version, maybe Audible.  And this is the last time I will bring it up since I am more than certain that people really don't want to hear it.

So, this is Peace Talks split into two books?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2020, 06:02:46 PM »
I was simply too big and there was a split in the story that facilitated it.
You do't want to throw away half the book to make it fit. This is better.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
For those that haven't/don't want to watch/ed the live stream, Jim said he had 4/3rds of a book and the Penguin said that it would be at least $50.00. Jim didn't want to be the first popular novel to go over 50 for the hardback, so he cranked out another 2/3rds out. (He goes into a bit more detail about the back and forth, timing, and what it took, but it's not really relevant to the point).

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »
For those that haven't/don't want to watch/ed the live stream, Jim said he had 4/3rds of a book and the Penguin said that it would be at least $50.00. Jim didn't want to be the first popular novel to go over 50 for the hardback, so he cranked out another 2/3rds out. (He goes into a bit more detail about the back and forth, timing, and what it took, but it's not really relevant to the point).

Now I feel better, it's been confirmed, just ordered it on Amazon, but even with Prime it costs thirty dollars!  While Peace Talks apparently is going to cost me only around twelve dollars if I read the receipt right.

Offline crazyut90

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
So does this mean that there will be 22 files, then the final trilogy?

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 06:58:12 PM »
So does this mean that there will be 22 files, then the final trilogy?

That's what Jim said in the livestream he did with Priscilla.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
Yes. And the total price if you preorder is 47 dollars and no date on the second Audio Book.  Looks definitely like I need to get my Kindle out of storage.

Offline crazyut90

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »
so we still pay out $50 for two books that really is one book?  It looks like Jim has been talking with George too much!!!!

Offline Uriel_spook

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 07:23:06 PM »
If only this sleuthing came with ARCs  :P ;D :D

Looking forward to reading Dresden again.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 07:38:04 PM »
so we still pay out $50 for two books that really is one book?  It looks like Jim has been talking with George too much!!!!
No. We pay $50 for two books instead of paying $50 for 1&1/3rd books. It's 2/3rds more book this way with two books coming in the same year.

And if price has you turned off, libraries exist and are available to most of us. You just have to wait longer.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »
No. We pay $50 for two books instead of paying $50 for 1&1/3rd books. It's 2/3rds more book this way with two books coming in the same year.

And if price has you turned off, libraries exist and are available to most of us. You just have to wait longer.

Not to mention the fact that other authors have put out doorstopper novel that don’t market at $50 a pop.

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 08:10:32 PM »

Think about this.  If book A and book B were equal in value they would be priced the same.  However this is only true for the Kindle.  On the other hand if you ordered them from Barns and Nobels the total cost would be 56. And to finish out on this topic Battle Ground appears to be sold out at Amazon.