Author Topic: Peace Talks trailer next Tuesday - Priscilla wants your reaction  (Read 9415 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Read the March 17 announcement
https://www.jim-butcher.com/
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks trailer next Tuesday - Priscilla wants your reaction
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
I'm actually incredibly jealous of Jim already having a printed copy of his own book four months before its release. Which probably means the publishers already have all of them printed and are holding them book for some sort of release window. Which, one hopes, does not get pushed by back certain viral problems...  :-\

Anyway, good picture. And also looking forward to the trailer.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:10:49 PM »
I'm actually incredibly jealous of Jim already having a printed copy of his own book four months before its release. Which probably means the publishers already have all of them printed and are holding them book for some sort of release window. Which, one hopes, does not get pushed by back certain viral problems...  :-\

Yeah! It's really unfair. Now he knows first hand whats in the book.  ;)  ;D

July is near. Excitement is here.

Edit: and the internet didn't like me to finish my post somehow. At least it wasn't suddenly all gone. ;)
I would have wanted to add: And the trailer is almost here.
Happy, happy. Joy, joy.

Edit #2: also it would be nice to be that dog for a while... ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:51:23 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 11:54:29 PM »
@Regenbogen  ;D ;D

I loved the picture but I want to know who is the dog????

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 12:55:01 AM »

Gonna be hardback only, at first.  Those are likely still being produced.

Jim is holding what the industry calls a "trade paperback" or sometimes an "early reader copy".  There will be a few hundred of these sent to book reviewers / etc, so the reviews can drop appropriately... Day-1, or week-before, or whatever the reviewers NDA says.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 03:12:55 AM »
Always heard it called an ARC or advanced reader copy.

I doubt the virus will stop the book from being published on time or shipped to your home on time. I doubt things will still be on lock down then, but even if they are, I think they would at least publish the e-book. I know I'd buy it day one (or at least week one) whereas I usually don't.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 04:19:11 AM »
@Regenbogen  ;D ;D

I loved the picture but I want to know who is the dog????

Safe to say it isn't Mouse..

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:05 AM »
Gonna be hardback only, at first.  Those are likely still being produced.

Jim is holding what the industry calls a "trade paperback" or sometimes an "early reader copy".  There will be a few hundred of these sent to book reviewers / etc, so the reviews can drop appropriately... Day-1, or week-before, or whatever the reviewers NDA says.

Thanks, that makes much more sense. Of course we all will be buying hardcovers.

I wonder how nearby to a GRRM book Peace Talks will be in size. We don't know how big the font used in this advanced reader copy Jim is reading was. ^^

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 06:44:13 AM »
Thanks, that makes much more sense. Of course we all will be buying hardcovers.

Not me. I have already pre-ordered the book for kindle, I could never pay the taxes, shipping costs and all that jazz. Not now, with the crisis my country is facing. Besides, it would take forever to arrive here. So no, I rather have it the day it is released so I don't have to wait to begin reading.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
Not me. I have already pre-ordered the book for kindle, [...] Besides, it would take forever to arrive here. So no, I rather have it the day it is released so I don't have to wait to begin reading.
Yes, me too. But one day I will buy the paperback version to touch and smell. And the audiobook, because James Marsters will read again. He got me addicted to the audio version. I just wanted to listen into one book (Full Moon), but now I'm already at Turn Coat. Helped me a lot not to get angry in a traffic jam in January, in fact I was rather dissapointed, that the cars were moving again after half an hour.  ;)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »
Okay, depending on how the virus crisis goes, I might also go for an e-book along with the hardcover, just to make sure it's here for my birthday on July 21st. :)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 05:28:29 PM »
I usually wait to buy a used hardback as I like to have an e-book and a hard copy.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 08:25:21 PM »
The book seemed kinda small in Jim's hand and it was a paperback. Prop?  The Kindle version and the audiobook for me.  Not collecting hardbacks any longer.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:50 PM »
I have all the books in paper. Most of them in paperback, a couple of them in hardback. But since many books ago I buy the kindle as soon as it is available and whenever I can, no hurries, I buy the paperback. One of them I bought in UK and it made me so happy  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 09:30:03 PM »
Hrm, the fact that it might be smaller could lend credence to the idea that it was split into two books, Peace Talks and Battlegrounds...