Author Topic: Faeries tithe to Hell  (Read 13187 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Faeries tithe to Hell
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2020, 01:38:26 AM »
I think Jim has held off on specifically stating that because doing so would basically confirm Harry survives the series. It's not necessary for a first person perspective for it to have been a journal entry. Sometimes the narrator is dead and recounting events of their life.

Jim has said stuff along the lines of "20 case files and a BAT at the end." I don't know if we should take that as confirmation or not, but I don't really care either.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2020, 01:45:11 AM »
The are called The Dresden Files.  Seems pretty conclusive to me.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2020, 02:54:06 AM »
I think Jim has held off on specifically stating that because doing so would basically confirm Harry survives the series. It's not necessary for a first person perspective for it to have been a journal entry...

Survival isn't necessary for it to be journal entries, either.  A journal is a different thing than a post facto autobiography.

The last page -- or last chapter -- of the BAT might be Molly's account of how Harry died heroically, creating some Great Working at the Outer Gates that bind the Outsiders eternally outside.

Or... y'know... until the next Millennium rolls up, or somesuch...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2020, 03:28:28 AM »
I read a book that did that once. Once perspective shifted, I thought "well, I guess the main character is going to die."

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2020, 03:57:15 AM »
There's a WOJ that says Harry makes it:

Crescent Blues: Do you have a specific destination for Harry? Do you know where he's going?

Jim Butcher: Very much so. I set out and was sure I knew where he was going in the beginning and while my perceptions of his world and the kind of things that he faces have changed, Harry is pretty much on course. If I get to do what I want, I'll get to do about twenty case books. And then at the end I'll do a big old apocalyptic trilogy because big old apocalyptic trilogies are fun.

Crescent Blues: Will Harry survive?

Jim Butcher: He will. You know, I don't see how he could possibly get through this whole thing alive. But then again there's all these heroes getting killed and coming back now so I may have to come up with something better than that…

I included that bit about the BAT because that's the context for the second question.  Also, this interview is from well before Changes, so it wasn't asking about that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:00:27 AM by didymos »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2020, 03:46:00 AM »
I've seen him several times say he hasn't decided whether or not Harry makes it. I'll have to check the date next time I come across one of those. I'm pretty sure they're from after Death Masks, though