Author Topic: white court emotions  (Read 2639 times)

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
white court emotions
« on: December 12, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »
If there is a white court group that feeds on laughter, would most of them work as stand up comedians?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: white court emotions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:37:47 AM »
Perhaps, but it would require combining two unusual tricks - skimming a little big off of everyone in a crowd (which is possible - Madrigal did that with his horror movie director schtick) and feeding off positive emotions instead of those from the id (which WOJ didn't rule out, but said it would be rare, difficult, and "they'd probably sparkle").

Online g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »
I could see Whamps who fed off of mockery, sarcasm, humiliation, etc.  Yes, there's "laughter," but... NOT in a good way.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
I could see Whamps who fed off of mockery, sarcasm, humiliation, etc.  Yes, there's "laughter," but... NOT in a good way.

But does it matter if it is in a good way or not?   Like a practical joker,  more often they are more
cruel than funny in my opinion but often they leave someone laughing. 

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 04:14:40 PM »
I've suggested that Walt Disney is actually a vampire that feeds of happiness. That would explain the persistent rumor that he's been sighted at Disneyland long after he was reported as dead.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 01:56:21 PM »
I've suggested that Walt Disney is actually a vampire that feeds of happiness. That would explain the persistent rumor that he's been sighted at Disneyland long after he was reported as dead.

Monte Python?  Meep!

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 01:14:09 AM »
A White Court Vampire that feeds on "positive" emotions probably wouldn't be much of a monster. Now I could imagine a monstrous type of phage that does with the result being the victim is drained of either the positive emotion or even the capacity for that emotion.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 07:37:20 AM »
A White Court Vampire that feeds on "positive" emotions probably wouldn't be much of a monster. Now I could imagine a monstrous type of phage that does with the result being the victim is drained of either the positive emotion or even the capacity for that emotion.
Technically how the Raiths feed, makes their victims die happy, doesn't it?
Sounds weird, but I can totally imagine a predator living of happy emotions expressed by laughter. The "evil" thing would be, that they could make people laugh themselves to the death, if they don't stop in time.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »
Butters' short story kinda reminds us you are what you eat.

The Raiths feed on lust, which allows them to remain fairly monstrous (though Thomas shows they don't have to be).
But if someone fed on true happiness, he wouldn't be much of a monster anymore.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »
Technically how the Raiths feed, makes their victims die happy, doesn't it?
Sounds weird, but I can totally imagine a predator living of happy emotions expressed by laughter. The "evil" thing would be, that they could make people laugh themselves to the death, if they don't stop in time.
I think that would depend on your definition of happy. I think pleasure and happiness are two different things. I could see a monster that causes someone to die laughing, but if I was to write a monster like that, it wouldn't be good natured humor.