Author Topic: The Masters Books  (Read 3118 times)

Offline dreamwarriorr

• Participant
  • When all else fails, ask Bob...
    • View Profile
The Masters Books
« on: September 15, 2019, 11:17:12 PM »
So I just finished Storm Front, and I'm beginning Fool Moon. In other words, I'm rereading Dresden for like the fourth, or even the fifth time. I forgot just how well written these books are and I'm enjoying them all over again. It has definitely been long enough that it's like reading a fresh new book all over again. I've enjoyed every one of Mr. Butcher's series. I've been wondering for many years if he's ever going to continue Fury series. I actually started with that one before I ever read any of the Dresden Files books. But I'm getting off of the subject here. As talented an author that Mr. Butcher is it's been many years since he's come up with a new book. I'm not talking about graphic novels, I'm talking about actual books. Does Jim Butcher have anything in the works coming out anytime at all? I'd really like to know the answer to that. I know how hard it must be to produce a finished novel. I've just been wondering if Mr. Butcher has called it quits as far as writing is concerned. Thanks.
Flying is easy; only the landings are hard, and that depends on how hard you land...

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Masters Books
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:33:31 AM »
Hello!
Actually yes. Mr Butcher has finished book #16 of the Dresden Files. Everybody is waiting for the release date.
It's called 'Peace Talks'.
The next book he will be working on will be book #2 of the Cinder Spires according to his website.
Greetings.
RB
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 03:37:12 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Masters Books
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
Regenbogen's got the info RE the next 2 novels (TOA for the CS series, then a DF novel, but which one isn't yet clear).

See also here:
http://www.jim-butcher.com/faq/upcoming-works

Jim Butcher had a huge amount of disruptive stuff happening in his life over the past few years, and it kept him writing slowly (or not at all) for large amounts of that time. Events included (from a report on reddit):
  • Got divorced, with all the fallout that comes from that.
  • His dog died, who was “the brains of the operation” as Jim tells it.
  • Got engaged (then remarried).
  • Moved to another state to live with his fiancee (now wife).
  • Lived in an apartment with no private writing space for years longer than intended because the contractor building his new house blew the deadline by a couple years at least.
  That last bit made it especially hard for him to get traction on Peace Talks. Thankfully, the house is finally finished and Jim is back at work, under the guidance of his new canine buddy Bru and his wife’s four majestic cats.