Author Topic: DragonCon  (Read 28205 times)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
DragonCon
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »
I hope Priscilla brings some spare batteries for her camera. That's a lot of panels Jim will be participating in!

Of course the Q&A, the one with Michael A. Stackpole and the one with David Weber are the most important ones to record.  ;)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: DragonCon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:18:44 AM »
And I hope that afterwards the Peace Talks book trailer will be out including the release date.

8)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »
Thank you, Priscilla!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:26:12 PM »
Wow, cool, she uploaded some new videos. I will watch them tomorrow after some sleep. Thank you very much, Priscilla.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 12:21:08 AM »
Wow, cool, she uploaded some new videos. I will watch them tomorrow after some sleep. Thank you very much, Priscilla.

What's her channel called?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:03:08 AM by morriswalters »

Offline MoroccoMole

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 05:27:38 AM »
@Priscelle!!!  Thank you!

The solo Jim panel was great, original questions and great answers.  Highly Reccomend.

~M
I like a man who grins when he fights.

~Winston Churchill On Enthusiasm~

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »
Yup, new questions but sadly not too many new answers.  Nice to at least not hear the same old answers time and time again. 

Found at least two things interesting:
1) that he characterized Harry as the stay at home nerd (expected) but Eb McCoy as the go out drinking and fighting type.  Sort of makes sense.
2) That the Word of Kemmler included a spell directly on how to... wreck a Black Court Vampire.  I had always interpreted his prior answer as to either Bravado or "I could apply that..." but no its and outright Make That BC Vamp Your Nelly spell.

The Cinder Spires bit was very interesting but I'm not as involved in that series as Dresden. (have read it obviously but didn't feel the need to read again unlike the DFs)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »
Thanks Morris!

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »
Thinking back to the BC Vamp spell, since its outright there and presuming Mavra knew it, she was being truly deferential at the moment then... I was always wondering if she was playing a game or what not... but that would also suggest that she now has to take Dresden out due to the threat level he represents to her going forward...

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
Thinking back to the BC Vamp spell, since its outright there and presuming Mavra knew it, she was being truly deferential at the moment then... I was always wondering if she was playing a game or what not... but that would also suggest that she now has to take Dresden out due to the threat level he represents to her going forward...

If she's aware of how risky it would be for him to actually do, she can probably guess he's not going to hat up and use it unless pressed. I figured there had to have been some downside to Harry actually using it, or he would have just opened a can of whoop-ass on the BCV's in It's My Birthday Too instead of sneaking around backstabbing them with gravitus and spitting garlic on them.

So Mavra probably thinks she can leave him on the back burner for the short to intermediate term, but taking him out is going to have to happen before she starts making any big moves that would really piss him off.

I also kind of want to know which of the crack theories really bothered him.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:02:11 PM by Snark Knight »

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
I'm also curious what fan fiction disturbed him...

I'm hoping its the Mother Winter/Mavra bit ;)

That requires brain bleach.

Offline Lady Inez

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 02:40:58 PM »
The playlist answer was interesting. I wonder how long "Gone Away" has been Harry's theme. Has he mentioned this before? If it's a recent context, then things don't look good for Murphy.

Offline Eami

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 03:35:59 PM »
“There’s also that thing about white court vampires and wizards...” tease also sounded like it was eluding to new information. That probably has a direct tie to whatever Harry’s mom was up to with Lord Raith. I think we are 100% getting the Eb/Thomas blowout this book and I cannot wait.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 07:16:47 PM »
I figured there had to have been some downside to Harry actually using [the spell from the Word of Kemmler making BCV's your "bitch"].
Jim mentioned taking a negative 18 hit to [something] in [some game] to cast the spell. Apparently, from the way Jim said it and audience reaction, that's bad. I didn't catch the something or the game, and I'm not very experienced in RPG's outside of 90's Nintendo games.