Author Topic: Mab’s Knowledge of Harry’s “Ghost Story”  (Read 3113 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Mab’s Knowledge of Harry’s “Ghost Story”
« on: August 22, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Is Mab aware of why Harry attempted to kill himself?  Is the cheat the only reason Harry isn’t a “slatesickle”?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mab’s Knowledge of Harry’s “Ghost Story”
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »
1. Yes. 2. No.  On 2. Mab has plans for Harry.  Thus why Slate was on ice at Arctis Tor and not dead.  The only person unaware of what's coming is Harry.  And us of course. :)

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
I think Mab respects strength and probably is of the school if you are not cheating you are not trying so in a lot of ways I suspect Mab likes Harry.  It is only when he disrespects or openly defies her that she gets mad.  Even if she did not have plans for Harry he might not be a full slatessickle yet. Though I do suspect without those plans she would have expressed her anger with him a bit more strongly.  :)

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »
I think Mab respects strength and probably is of the school if you are not cheating you are not trying so in a lot of ways I suspect Mab likes Harry.  It is only when he disrespects or openly defies her that she gets mad.  Even if she did not have plans for Harry he might not be a full slatessickle yet. Though I do suspect without those plans she would have expressed her anger with him a bit more strongly.  :)

First of all you have to decide whether or not Mab was waiting for mortally wounded Harry to fall into the water so she could immediately put the freeze on him to stop him from completely bleeding out before she could get him where she could care for him.  Before that whether or not she influenced the wind enough to ever so slightly alter the bullet so it would do significant damage but not completely blow Harry's heart apart, but Uriel may have done that part...  In my opinion the answer to both is yes, more over I think it was Uriel who tipped her off that this was going to happen..  Remember Mab didn't get her way here.  If she had, the whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place, she would have stopped it cold, put some hurt on Harry to put him in his place, but end up with an undamaged Winter Knight.  Recall that she is a bit pissed that Uriel overruled her because it was important for Harry to learn some lessons vital to the cause that they have in common...  However his plan put her future Knight at great risk and she wasn't at all happy with it.

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »
  First of all you have to decide whether or not Mab was waiting for mortally wounded Harry to fall into the water so she could immediately put the freeze on him to stop him from completely bleeding out before she could get him where she could care for him.  Before that whether or not she influenced the wind enough to ever so slightly alter the bullet so it would do significant damage but not completely blow Harry's heart apart, but Uriel may have done that part...  In my opinion the answer to both is yes, more over I think it was Uriel who tipped her off that this was going to happen..  Remember Mab didn't get her way here.  If she had, the whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place, she would have stopped it cold, put some hurt on Harry to put him in his place, but end up with an undamaged Winter Knight.  Recall that she is a bit pissed that Uriel overruled her because it was important for Harry to learn some lessons vital to the cause that they have in common...  However his plan put her future Knight at great risk and she wasn't at all happy with it.

I think she is pissed with Uriel for risking his soul by sending him back not because he stopped her from saving him. it may also slowed down her ability to heal him costing her power.

I also very much doubt she was waiting to save him because I think in that case she would have just stopped the bullet no matter whay Uriel wanted.  I can however totally see Uriel warning her just in time to get there to keep Harry alive but not soon enough for her to have interfered with the shooting itself. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 12:19:26 AM »
1. Yes.

I think she knows the whole picture. She seemed to allude to it in giving Harry his orders in Skin Game. But not outright dangling the opportunity to pay Lasciel back for the whisper by spiking her plans as an incentive for Harry to play along seems like enough of an omission from how Mab usually thinks to make me wonder.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 01:33:27 AM »
The only question was when she knew.