Author Topic: Dresden related to kinkaid therory  (Read 3198 times)

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
Dresden related to kinkaid therory
« on: August 11, 2019, 06:47:30 AM »
this is not my theory but that of a poster on face book. I thought it would be interesting to explore....I credit a chad sparks with this idea.

going through Blood Rites for the second time, and this conversation got chad sparks thinking.

McCoy: "I told you, if I ever saw you again, I'd kill you."

Kincaid: "Which is one reason you haven't seen me. There's no point to this, if we start shooting the kid's gonna get hit. Neither of us has an interest in that.

McCoy: "I'm supposed to believe you give a damn about him? "

Kincaid: "Half a damn maybe, I sort of like him. But what I meant was there's no profit for either of us in killing him."

This isn't just personal/philosophical differences, I'm starting to think these men are connected by blood - and I don't mean murder. Either directly, (father & son, or maybe half-brothers?), or via Harry (Kincaid could actually be Harry's father, or connected to that lineage).

remember, this is the same book where Dresden goes on and on about "Familial Dementia", we get to meet Murphy's dysfunctional clan, and Harry discovers a brother he never knew about, and he accidentally adopts a dog. It's all about family.

I thought about Kincaid agreeing to kill Harry later on as a hole in the theory at first, but aside from Kincaid's literal mercenary attitude, there's the fact that he failed.

Kincaid. Failed.

With plenty of prep time and centuries of experience, and skills demonstrated in the "duel" with Ortega and the raid on the Black Court, he failed to end Dresden's life... or lived up to the letter of the contract while finding a way to not kill him?

I copied this from face book. I thought it should be explored.  this was someone elses idea and I like it

I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden related to kinkaid therory
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:39:02 AM »

I thought about Kincaid agreeing to kill Harry later on as a hole in the theory at first, but aside from Kincaid's literal mercenary attitude, there's the fact that he failed.

Kincaid. Failed.

With plenty of prep time and centuries of experience, and skills demonstrated in the "duel" with Ortega and the raid on the Black Court, he failed to end Dresden's life... or lived up to the letter of the contract while finding a way to not kill him?

Kincaid shot Harry in the heart. So he really meant him to die. He could not have known that Harry would be saved by Mab and Demon reach or that this would even be possible.

Except he had some agreement with Mab. She would have been really fast to be in time to bring Harry on the island.

The blood relation is a good idea. Haven't thought of that. If it is so, I think he could be Eb's father, grandfather or something. Or someone in Malcolm's family tree.

Do you believe he knew Harry was Eb's grandson at that time?

You are right. This sounds interesting.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:40:41 PM »
Not impossible, but we'll need to hear something from either McCoy or Kincade himself to make this more than an interesting bit of speculation.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline GWPfark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:53:28 PM »
Kincaid shot Harry in the heart. So he really meant him to die. He could not have known that Harry would be saved by Mab and Demon reach or that this would even be possible.

Except he had some agreement with Mab. She would have been really fast to be in time to bring Harry on the island.

The blood relation is a good idea. Haven't thought of that. If it is so, I think he could be Eb's father, grandfather or something. Or someone in Malcolm's family tree.

Do you believe he knew Harry was Eb's grandson at that time?

You are right. This sounds interesting.

If Eb knew Kincaid killed Harry, he likely knew why. EB knew Harry.
"By human standards, if she was any flakier you could pour milk on her and call her breakfast."

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
My only objection is that I recall Jim stating something along the lines of "we've had enough surprise family members," but the statement may have been less definitive.

P.s. When I say recall, I usually mean that I remember, but not with great confidence.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 01:09:51 AM »
Kincaid shot Harry in the heart. So he really meant him to die.

I don't necessarily take this as evidence for a family relationship, but ... why not the head?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »
I don't necessarily take this as evidence for a family relationship, but ... why not the head?

OK. You've got a point.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 12:36:31 AM »
It's a more difficult shot. At least it is for hunters shooting game, but they aren't supernatural, so it might not apply.