Author Topic: News about Peace Talks (no spoilers) and other things from Westercon/Spikecon  (Read 12546 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
He can pass for an Italian without problems
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Personally, my opinion on casting is basically: the best actor or actress available who can play the role well. Matching the physical description is basically just a bonus. It's not like someone being a dead match for Murphy would necessarily be able to play Murphy convincingly.

I just want an adaptation that understands and respects the source material and stays true to it, without feeling like they have to reinvent or "improve" certain parts of it.

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I've never been that convinced Marcone is even Italian and I'm pretty sure we have WoJ that Marcone isn't even his name.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
He says as much in Even Hand. 

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
Personally, my opinion on casting is basically: the best actor or actress available who can play the role well. Matching the physical description is basically just a bonus. It's not like someone being a dead match for Murphy would necessarily be able to play Murphy convincingly.

I just want an adaptation that understands and respects the source material and stays true to it, without feeling like they have to reinvent or "improve" certain parts of it.

I 100% agree with this.  As long as however plays Harry is taller then whoever plays Murphy and they are good actors then I see no issues.