Author Topic: SO CLOSE!!!!  (Read 7047 times)

Offline MoroccoMole

• Participant
    • View Profile
SO CLOSE!!!!
« on: June 18, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
WooHoo!!

http://www.jim-butcher.com/

Right there on the Front Page.  didn't even have to click to the upcoming works.

Thank you Jim for all your hard work.  We really appreciate it!

~M
I like a man who grins when he fights.

~Winston Churchill On Enthusiasm~

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: SO CLOSE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/longshotauthor/status/1140778718828220417

And is this supposed to encrypt the release date???

221?
The 22nd of January, 2/21, in 221 days? In 5months?

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:56:24 PM »
1+1+2+1
Nov 21st???? Maybe?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:42 PM »
Preeeeeetty sure he was just watching "Clue."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
1+1+2+1
Nov 21st???? Maybe?

His lottery pick? :o

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 08:42:31 AM »

His lottery pick? :o

November 21, 2019 is Thanksgiving Day, so I'm thinking no.  Books don't get released that day.  If the clue had led you to the answer of November 22, AKA Black Friday, then maybe I would think you were on to something.  I don't think Jim can get a firm release date until after he turns the finished manuscript in and the publisher can look it over and determine a release date.  Till then, anything else is just guesswork.

I'm surprised Jim has taken so long to finish the denouement chapter.  Normally he knocks those things out in two or three days.  Seeing as how Harry is going to be kidnapped and sent to an alternate universe in the next book, I wonder if Jim would take a page from Quantum Leap and have that happen in the last chapter of Peace Talks with Harry suddenly appearing in the mirror mirror world as a mob of enemies closes in around him and saying the words in "Oh boy!"
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
... Seeing as how Harry is going to be kidnapped and sent to an alternate universe in the next book, I wonder if Jim would take a page from Quantum Leap and have that happen in the last chapter of Peace Talks with Harry suddenly appearing in the mirror mirror world as a mob of enemies closes in around him and saying the words in "Oh boy!"
I don't think we'll see him in the Mirror'verse.  I think we'll see him get snatched, and cliffhang on "what thing just reached out of the mirror and grabbed Harry?!!?"

Is MM confirmed 100% as the next book, BTW?

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »
I don't think we'll see him in the Mirror'verse.  I think we'll see him get snatched, and cliffhang on "what thing just reached out of the mirror and grabbed Harry?!!?"

Is MM confirmed 100% as the next book, BTW?

No theirs a Wrestling Book after Peace Talks. *siiigh* I'm actually pretty apprehensive about it.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »
@Con: Yeah I feel the same. That wrestling thing could either be epic or absurd and not in a good way. Though I do think it's probably a breather book before Mirror Mirror. So I could see that Quantum Leap twist at the end of the wrestling book.
As to why the denouement chapter is taking so long, I don't know. Maybe there is some other twist that he's got to take time on.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »
As to why the denouement chapter is taking so long, I don't know. Maybe there is some other twist that he's got to take time on.
Maybe he's doing some review and reconcilliation with the Beta feedback?  Some "oh shit, this thing is impossible given that other thing I need to be true..." etc.

Maybe?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »
... Wrestling Book ... 
I barely recollected that one being mentioned.  Went looking.

According to this post:
https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,50222.msg2291069.html#msg2291069
WoJ is that order (after PT) is MM 1st, then Wrestling.  Has this info been changed (or was it just wrong?) ?

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »
Oh, ok. Huh I could have sworn the wrestling one came in between PT and MM. Well I suppose Con could be right with how PT ends. Though Beta feedback is also a pretty good guess too.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »
So Mirror, Mirror happening before Christmas Story?  Seems weird, but who knows.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 03:39:48 AM »
Christmas Story?  Do you mean the very, very short story we got last Christmas?  If so, I don't think it's that weird.  Even if Harry spends a few days to a few weeks in the Mirror Mirror world he might get back a few seconds after he gets taken away.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
Yeah, that doesn't sound likely storytelling. "I just got sucked into this life-changing experience where I met my Mirror self, with goatee and all! But for christmas, I got to go home and build a bike. Now back to the main story!". It would read pretty awkward if Jim would have to point this out in the Mirror Mirror novel. I presume that novel starts as normal in the main universe Chicago and things go on from there.