Author Topic: Assorted questions  (Read 28694 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Assorted questions
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2020, 06:05:37 PM »
I feel like the spear should have a curse attached to it.   The shroud already heals, the coins are cursed, the noose gives immortality with a Catch. 

Wasn’t the soldier who stabbed Jesus cursed? 

True Aim fits if it makes ensures victory.  Maybe even temporary immunity but with some kind of backlash.  Maybe tie a Hunger Power to it.  Or give it blood drinker so that it needs to be hated in blood to give you a recovery.  Maybe it compels you to do battle. 

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
How about if all of the friends/family/allies/etc of everyone fighting on the side of the Longinus-wielder (that is to say, everyone NOT in the scene but connected to anyone who IS in the scene) get an immediate Recovery:  the most-severe Consequence moves one step less-severe, including Mild consequences just going away.  No tactical advantage in-scene, but a pretty vast & sweeping benefit (potentially to hundreds of people) out-of-scene.  People at death's door become merely "very ill," etc.
I feel like the spear should have a curse attached to it.   The shroud already heals, the coins are cursed, the noose gives immortality with a Catch. 

Wasn’t the soldier who stabbed Jesus cursed?

Maybe something like every time the Longinus-wielder takes a moderate or higher physical consequence, the current injuries of all his friends/allies heal as if they were one step less severe, but the Longinus-wielder's injuries all heal as if they were one step more severe, and when it comes to the consequence that triggers the healing, the person who inflicted it gets an extra tag. That would provide healing, a curse, some tactical advantage (since it also clears mild consequences for friends and allies involved in battle, but also some tactical disadvantage to the Longinus-wielder, so there's still the element of sacrifice.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2020, 12:51:11 AM »
Why would the roman soldier in question be punished for doing his job?

Also, I have a few more questions that I would appreciate if I could get answers. Are white court vampires considered monsters, even if they are being piloted by a pc? Outside of fate points what differentiates them from any other monster? Even if they look more human than most.

What are ways to remove a curse? Like say if someone was vindictive enough to lay a powerful curse on a victim. Like withering their legs to prevent them from being used and their bloodline to suffer the same fate? Is it truly curtains for that character is there something that they can do to fix it?

Also, if the victim is cursed, if they knew someone who is magically inclined would they be able not only trace it back to the original source but also affect them magically as well or no? Because I assume that magic is like a dna and that someone competent enough can trace it back to the source.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2020, 02:06:25 AM »
Are white court vampires considered monsters, even if they are being piloted by a pc? Outside of fate points what differentiates them from any other monster? Even if they look more human than most.

White Court vampires have free will, unlike most other monsters. They can choose to act against their nature.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »
Would shapeshifting powers be useful for a WCV? What non-WCV powers might an old WCV develop?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2020, 10:47:47 PM »
Would shapeshifting powers be useful for a WCV? What non-WCV powers might an old WCV develop?

WCV's can learn some sorcery, though they don't get to the power-levels of White Council wizards.  I can imagine they might develop novel ways to combine Vamp-powers with magic; that could get remarkably dangerous!  Imagine Raith-Lust, Skavis-Despair, etc... add in mind-magic, or body-based (water?) magic to play into the psychic Vamp-Whammy stuff ...

Also imagine magic enhancing a Whamp's natural speed & strength...  Harry's "Bear" belt-buckle, speed potions, etc.

They can learn any mortal skill to more-than-mortal skill levels.

I think the Whamp-demon is too anthropomorphic to allow for any significant shapechange, but that's an "IMHO:"  my understanding of how the Dresden universe works, by inference; not explicit in canon or rulebook.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:58:46 PM by g33k »

Offline KlausGerken

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2020, 09:07:07 AM »
We have a very long running campaign with a very high (16) Refresh with 2 WCVs. One went the "fighter" way, boosting Strength, Recovery and Speed. The other went the "Mind-Whammy"-way and that kind of fizzled out after a while. At first we added some extra steps for bonus damage on the Lust-Attack (basically going towards the Kiss of Death that the King of the WCVs has in the books, as her character is the WCV-Queen of Prussia), but you can never keep up with the bonus damage a wizard will dish out. And then there is always the question on which monsters the attack will work: Humans, sure. WCV - yes. BCV? No, yuck! Fey? Dunno, roll lore to declare.

The player then dropped her last points into a white panther shapeshift, because her WCV became a one-tick-pony. Either it can be mind-whammied, then she wins. Or not, then she's pretty helpless. As a shapeshifter she can fight a little better and has some more options.