Author Topic: Mirror-Mirror Cosmology Question  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Sev Expar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Mirror-Mirror Cosmology Question
« on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:00 AM »
Hey all! I was thinking about the Nevernever, the mortals world and such and I got to thinking about the OLD Manual of the Planes.
When Mirror Harry made his different choice, did he create a Mirror-Nevernever, too? How 'bout a Mirror-Mab and Mirror-Mother Winter? Whether he did or didn't will have huge effects. If there's more than one Mab, can they Summon each other?

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror-Mirror Cosmology Question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
Slightly different question.  Who that Harry knows can experience both the current universe and the mirror mirror version.   Or in other words, know both the primary Harry and the MM Harry before the crossover occurs.   

Obviously Urial can - he is an archangel and they probably exists in all universes simultaneously.   Certainly the gods can -- as comments made in the books imply that gods can exist in multiple universes. 

Key questions
1)  Does Mab exist in multiple universes?   Arguable Winter and Summer are a reflection of Hecate, which means aspects of a powerful goddess.  Powerful goddesses can exist in multiple universes.     Fairly sure Mother Winter can see multiple universes, but not so sure about Mab.  Does each universe have its own Mab?  Or only some?  Fairly certain that the MM universe would have "a" Mab as it is a very close mirror of the primary universe. 

2)  What about Fallen - can they see across the universes or are they limited to just the one since bound to a coin (or since they were never archangels)?   AKA - will MM world's lasciel also carry a huge grudge against Harry. 

3) Are there individuals who can travel between universes without godlike intervention?   Could there be regular trade/moment of people? 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 11:23:26 PM »
The Mothers and the Gate may exist outside time, they can certainly see the splits in the timeline engendered by events, such as Harry going to the Outer Gates. Page 328 Cold Days.  This may also explain the age of the Gatekeeper.

3) Probably Maggie.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:16:24 AM »
3) Probably Maggie.

Do you mean Harry's mother?  Or his daughter?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:11 AM »
Momma.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »
AKA - will MM world's lasciel also carry a huge grudge against Harry.

How do you know MM Harry won't be carrying her coin?  The way I see it, MM Harry has to be more dangerous than regular Harry.  This doesn't mean MM Harry can cast harder hitting spells, but he has has deadly arcane knowledge that regular Harry lacks.  In fact, knowing how to summon Harry's from alternate universes might be something MM Harry learned from Lasciel.   
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
MM Harry could be more dangerous simply because he went warlock and is willing to violate the Laws of Magic. But yeah, I think he'll have more going for him than just that.