Author Topic: Requesting help with a game concept  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Swiftfoot

• Participant
    • View Profile
Requesting help with a game concept
« on: April 30, 2019, 02:12:25 AM »
I've been piddling around with the Dresden RPG for a little while, though it will be some time before I:
a) Have enough players who know the world we'd be stepping into,
and b) Have enough time spaced out among the players to accommodate the D&D and Shadowrun campaigns along with DRPG.

One of the main things about the world I'm working with is, since my players and I are more often than not Louisiana-residents, my "real-world" campaigns are usually set in New Orleans. It's just too good to leave alone, although I've been debating on sending the Shadowrun team to Baton Rouge a few times, and they're terrified of any run I have that involves the bayou...

Sorry, tangent. I've taken to heart something that Mr. Butcher said a while back, how there were other White Court vampires that didn't fall into the Raith/Skavis/Malvora triumvirate. I'm thinking of an offshoot branch for the Crescent City, arrogantly calling themselves the "Gold Court" (the Pavone family) who feed on pride but feel pain when their victims show true humility.

That's about what I have on them, beyond that they've been settled into the City since the 1700's following a falling-out with the White Court. Anyone willing to help me brainstorm on this concept?

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting help with a game concept
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 02:47:39 AM »
Maybe they could be allied with the Fomor? Either actually aligned, or planning to betray them at the most convenient moment.

Actually, what if they were mostly feuding with either the Skavis or the Malvoras, and got pushed out of greater White Court politics because of it? They could be allied to the Fomor in order to weaken whichever family is their enemy, but planning to turn on them at a convenient moment to gain political capital with House Raith in order to get back into the game.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »
I'd be interested certainly. I have a few characters set in New Orleans, I could adapt to the game.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »
IIRC it was Paranet Papers (DFRPG vol.3) that has some extensive Floridian-Swamp stuff that could easily be reskinned and moved a bit to the WNW...  fwiw an all that...

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »
And in Dresden Files Accelerated they do a whole write-up of New Orleans--although it doesn't have any vampires.

Offline Swiftfoot

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »
And in Dresden Files Accelerated they do a whole write-up of New Orleans--although it doesn't have any vampires.
-See, now that's just insulting. No vampires in New Orleans? Did they not watch "Interview With A Vampire"? Come on, it's New Orleans. I've heard people there claim to be vampires last time we went down for Mardi Gras (tip for those who haven't: it's a great bucket list item, but you'll only want to do it once.)

If they were allied with the Fomor, they'd be tying themselves in to a much larger group of outcasts than they themselves are. Granted, it being a coastal city and the Fomor being based on mostly the exiled gods of coastal civilizations, and any exiled Ancient Etruscan family would know of old gods of the coastline, and both societies would have a historical understanding of what the city was for...wait, that bears thinking on...

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 06:42:27 AM »
Back to the White Court Vampire faction, they could possibly feed on one of the Seven Deadly sins. Raith already have lust. But theirs greed, envy, pride, wrath. There is a White COurt faction in Paranet Papers that feeds on Wrath.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »
Back to the White Court Vampire faction, they could possibly feed on one of the Seven Deadly sins. Raith already have lust. But theirs greed, envy, pride, wrath. There is a White COurt faction in Paranet Papers that feeds on Wrath.

The OP specified that their Whampire faction fed on Pride (and were blocked/harmed by humility).