Author Topic: Nemesis hint in Summer Knight?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Nemesis hint in Summer Knight?
« on: April 13, 2019, 05:35:55 AM »
"Hell, for all I knew, the Mole Men used the changing rooms as a place to discuss plans for world domination with the Psychic Jellyfish from Planet X and the Disembodied Brains-in-a-Jar from the Klaa-tuu Nebula"

The Psychic Jellyfish thing stood out to me as Jim dropping a little hint for readers of future books to pick up on.  Cthulhu comes to mind.  Maybe Nemesis isn't one of the Walkers but one of the Old Ones. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Nemesis hint in Summer Knight?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »
"Hell, for all I knew, the Mole Men used the changing rooms as a place to discuss plans for world domination with the Psychic Jellyfish from Planet X and the Disembodied Brains-in-a-Jar from the Klaa-tuu Nebula"

The Psychic Jellyfish thing stood out to me as Jim dropping a little hint for readers of future books to pick up on.  Cthulhu comes to mind.  Maybe Nemesis isn't one of the Walkers but one of the Old Ones.

I think Nemesis is a bit of a misdirect, yeah it is bad and all of that, but I doubt it is behind everything...  My theory is it is a tool, a very effective tool, true, but it is being worked by a much
bigger fish.  These days we have a tendency to see Nemesis everywhere and behind everything and are not seeing the real clues as to who or what is behind everything.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:32:55 PM »

Is this real or sarcasm about how people take every word, no matter how minor, as foreshadowing?  I mean, you could also argue that the Brain in the Jar people are proof the Mi-Go exist in the Dresden Files, and that their abductees have rebelled and are conspiring with the people of the Inner Earth (which also exists) to overthrow normal humanity.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 03:20:01 PM »
Is this real or sarcasm about how people take every word, no matter how minor, as foreshadowing?  I mean, you could also argue that the Brain in the Jar people are proof the Mi-Go exist in the Dresden Files, and that their abductees have rebelled and are conspiring with the people of the Inner Earth (which also exists) to overthrow normal humanity.

Totally real.  Jim does this kind of thing all the time.  Even some of his book titles give away the plot, and you cannot know until you read the book.  Like Skin Game.  It isn't until the end where Goodman Grey, a shape shifter was actually working for Harry, and not Nicodemus.

Or the Lightsaber mention, and then Butters ends up with a virtual Lightsaber in a future book. 

The psychic jellyfish sounds exactly like Nemesis in my mind.  I can just imagine it's long invisible tentacles reaching out, and ensnaring it's prey. 

I'll add that Jim has said that he's dropped hints in his books that you cannot understand until rereading them with the knowledge of future books.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:28:04 AM »
I'm still in the "Nemesis is HWWBeside" club, but I'm not opposed to the idea that BiaJ might be time traveling heads from New New York.