Author Topic: Sith Ain't Dead!  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Eguzky

• Participant
    • View Profile
Sith Ain't Dead!
« on: June 04, 2019, 07:23:04 PM »
This just popped into my head while reading other posts.

Harry baseballed Sith into the lake but he's THE Cat Sith. No way that killed him.
So, unless Harry will or has told Mab that Sith was taken, he can still infect other Sidhe..
And, I mean, harry knows Sith's power; he has to know Sith ain't dead. I'm hoping he told Mab between books, and gets cured, because he was a nice foil for Harry.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Sith Ain't Dead!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:16:05 PM »
I really enjoyed the character. I'm not sure if he can go undetected and infect other Sidhe based on his final interaction with Harry. He seems to lose the ability to even move like Sith should.
[Cat Sith] spoke, it's voice absent of anything like personality. "A pity. I would have been more useful to them as an active covert agent.
It's not definitive, but I find it convincing. If Jim wants Sith back, then Sith will come back.

Offline Eguzky

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »
I really enjoyed the character. I'm not sure if he can go undetected and infect other Sidhe based on his final interaction with Harry. He seems to lose the ability to even move like Sith should.It's not definitive, but I find it convincing. If Jim wants Sith back, then Sith will come back.

True but if Nemesis can just wipe people, why did it not wipe Leah before she could be cured? I'm hoping the cure can heal even 100% Nemfected beings.

And I just like Sith. :P

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
I think it has something to do with the infected's resistance to Nemesis. Harry urges Cat Sith to fight the influence. Cat Sith does and fails. I'm assuming that Lea was able to resist.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
I'm assuming that Lea was able to resist.
I think her association with a Starborn for several decades may have had something to do with that. We know that Toot Toot, for example, was able to (in Jim's words) "hitch his wagon" to Dresden, and that that's one of the ways Fae grow in power (and, in Toot Toot's case, size). Harry's deal with Lea may have had some kind of palliative effect on her Nemesis infection.
Oh, and maybe the memories of love she stole from Susan immediately before picking up the infected Athame had something to do with it, too.