Author Topic: Who really killed Margaret McCoy Dresden  (Read 17509 times)

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Who really killed Margaret McCoy Dresden
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2019, 07:28:38 AM »
@Bad Alias
If it were Nic/Anduriel acting, I’d imagine there would some element of Mab & Uriel working together to obfuscate Harry’s location.

@Con
If the WoJ is true, then @morriswalters version may be the right one (although I’m not convinced of the sequence post Maggie’s death).

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »
If it were Nic/Anduriel acting, I’d imagine there would some element of Mab & Uriel working together to obfuscate Harry’s location.

I don't buy that because, if that were the case, why wouldn't Mab & Uriel keep doing that for the Skin Game job? I also just don't like the idea that major powers are constantly involved with every aspect of Harry's life all the time. A "Chosen One" narrative is fine; I just don't like it for the Dresden Files. I much prefer a narrative in which Harry keeps sticking his nose into things bigger than him, making a difference, until the players behind the scenes have to take him into account.

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2019, 03:17:16 AM »
@Bad Alias
They can only monitor, not interfere so long as everyone is playing by the rules. There is free will after all for mortals (as we see when Uriel refuses to help Harry get Maggie Jr back or fix his broken back in Changes).

We know that Uriel can only interfere when someone from the other side has broken a rule - perhaps Anduriel did so in killing Maggie which allowed Uriel to act. Perhaps Lea/ Mab are able to act because Harry is Lea’s godson & she has a sworn duty to protect him.

Sending Harry to an orphanage is likely Lea or Mab’s doing since it strikes me as a little heartless from Uriel.