Author Topic: Older books in the Dresden series - Questions  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Alundil

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Older books in the Dresden series - Questions
« on: March 30, 2019, 05:12:58 PM »
Hello all,
I found this site while trying to locate information on many of the older books in the series. When I found the Dresden Files several years ago, it was through a bargain book shelf at a local B&N. I bought it and fell in love. In that time, I've bought each book after so I have books 9-13. I managed to find book #1 Storm Front a few months back that didn't cost an arm and a leg. At this point though, I'm struggling to find books 2-8 in hardcover at anything under $40-$50 dollars.

So, the questions:
  • Is that to be expected, price-wise, and if not what book sellers might have these at more reasonable prices?
  • Is there any talk of or hope for the series to be reprinted? As I would truly love to complete the series in hardcover.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Older books in the Dresden series - Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 11:15:15 PM »
I may be mistaken but the first 6 books were originally paper-backs. Hardcovers came later.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Alundil

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Older books in the Dresden series - Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:15:36 AM »
Yes, I believe you're correct as that's what I've seen on the editions I've looked at.

I just can't see myself paying more than $50 for a single hardcover edition (excluding some of the "Collector Editions" some other authors have released such as Brandon Sanderson for example).