Author Topic: Could Harry have awoken something?  (Read 3106 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Could Harry have awoken something?
« on: March 31, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »
In Changes Harry unleashed the bloodline curse that the Red King had set up, and it caused people all around the World to have nightmares, and other phenomena.  I'm pretty sure in the Lovecraft stories (Which Jim said could have gotten Lovecraft killed in D.Verse) one of the Old Ones (Cthulhu) is sleeping at the bottom of the ocean...  An event like the curse being unleashed could have awoken something like that don't you think?

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Could Harry have awoken something?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at the Reds directly suppressing or containing some kind of big nasty. There's plenty of precedent that the monsters don't like competition in the DV.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at the Reds directly suppressing or containing some kind of big nasty. There's plenty of precedent that the monsters don't like competition in the DV.

I'm not sure about Old Ones, but the RPG suggested that the Lords of Outer Night had trapped some of the Aztec gods and were drinking their blood to gain power--and that now that the vamps were gone, the gods were beginning to return to the world.

Offline LordDragonFire

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »

Isn't that the Fomorians?? Aren't they supposed to be trying to move into the vaccum left by the Reds?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 09:02:53 PM »

Only those with even a smidge of talent, even the new born had the nightmares.... Harry may have released something, or it might have only been the psychic scream of a dying race if vampires heard around the world.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 11:19:24 PM »
As far as Harry goes, like mother like son.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline prince lotore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
i always wondered if the dreams would have happened if the curse was used on harry.  it always seemed like a ridiculous amount of overkill on their part. The king did not have a lot faith or fear in harry's abilities.  did they think that enough power to wipe out every red on the planet was what it take to get eb. Or was it part of a larger plan that the king was unaware of.  I always felt that it was odd that the formor and all of those operatives and equipment ready to go 
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »
Isn't that the Fomorians?? Aren't they supposed to be trying to move into the vaccum left by the Reds?

The Fomorians are the major problem in the books. However, the books take place in Chicago, and Aztec gods coming back would be doing so in Central America.

Offline LordDragonFire

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »
The Fomorians are the major problem in the books. However, the books take place in Chicago, and Aztec gods coming back would be doing so in Central America.
The Fomorians are in many more places than Chicago...where do they mention Aztec gods coming back?

And why would they necessarily come back in Central America?

Other 'old gods' seem to travel around fairly easily.

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »
Eh, possibly, but I would have assumed we'd see more narrative hints toward it, both before and after Changes, kind of like how we're seeing narrative hints toward a multiverse-style universe. Jim likes to set some groundwork before rolling out big stuff.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
The Fomorians are in many more places than Chicago...where do they mention Aztec gods coming back?

It's in the Paranet Papers RPG book. It's not canon, I know, but it's such a cool idea that I choose to believe that it's true in the books as well, even if it isn't mentioned.