Author Topic: Did Thomas make a deal with Leah?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Did Thomas make a deal with Leah?
« on: March 17, 2019, 12:22:02 AM »
In Grave Peril Leah made a couple of deals.  One with Harry in the graveyard, and one with Susan at Bianca's ball.  In both cases she kissed them when the deal was made.  Thomas had a wound on his neck, and Harry asked him what had happened.  Thomas said that Harry's godmother had given him a kiss.  I find it curious that she'd have done that if not for deal making.  Perhaps it was for his first born, and Thomas assuming he'd never have children accepted the deal.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Did Thomas make a deal with Leah?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 01:52:18 AM »
She might also have wanted to know it what was between Harry and Susan was true love, and kissing Thomas after she'd absorbed Susan's feelings about Harry via her memories was a convenient way to test it.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
She might also have wanted to know it what was between Harry and Susan was true love, and kissing Thomas after she'd absorbed Susan's feelings about Harry via her memories was a convenient way to test it.

What?  Please explain because I'm not getting what you're trying to say.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:34:51 PM »
It's one of the theories I've heard proposed for why Lea's kiss burned Thomas: that when Lea bargained for Susan's memories, she also ended up with enough of Susan's love for Harry to burn WCVs.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
Now it makes sense.  Thank you for the explanation.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
It's one of the theories I've heard proposed for why Lea's kiss burned Thomas: that when Lea bargained for Susan's memories, she also ended up with enough of Susan's love for Harry to burn WCVs.

That bargain puzzles me. What benefit did Lea actually get out of Susan's memories? Her deals are usually about concretely increasing her power base, not just getting off on causing pain to others.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 09:11:41 PM »
That bargain puzzles me. What benefit did Lea actually get out of Susan's memories? Her deals are usually about concretely increasing her power base, not just getting off on causing pain to others.
It gave me the impression memories are an actual power source to the Fae. Similar to how she wanted Harry's story in GS.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:58 AM »

Jim said that the deals made are designed to entangle you with the Sidhe.  This was just another way for her to further entangle Harry I think.  It would definitely give Leah an insight into what Harry really desires, making it easier for her to manipulate him as well.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.