Author Topic: Harry, one of five?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Harry, one of five?
« on: February 03, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
I was thinking how Harry, Thomas, and Elaine all of the pentacle necklaces.  Each point represents the elements.  Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Spirit.  What if Harry, Thomas, Elaine personify each one of these points?  That they are actually connected to one another, and two other special people.  If they do, which elements would you think they represent?  Who would the other two people be?  One guess is that Cowl, and Kumori, or just Kumori. 

Harry's pentacle glows a bluish color so I'd guess that would be water, or spirit if it's actually a clue to anything.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:50:45 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry, one of five?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 08:35:52 PM »
If anything represents Harry, it is passion. He loves, hates, and avenges with a power few will stand against - and protection is if anything an even more key part of him.

This would slot him between air and fire, giving him a decent connection to Elaine (who obviously has air in her portfolio, what with lightning power), and I would slot Thomas on the earth-water fertility, wealth (he is practically a prince) and strength.

If I had to pick one, Air for Elaine, Fire for Harry, Earth for Thomas. And then I'd add Spirit for Molly and still drawing a blank on Water. Or Michael gets Earth and Thomas moves to Water's side of your green, but he's too normal and we'd need a slot for Murphy then (since she is 'too normal' for inclusion so far, too).

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:41:34 PM »
I'd say Harry is fire. Fire fits Harry pretty well. Thomas is water because water can appear calm and beautiful but hides great dangers and can quickly turn dangerous. I'd say Elaine is air because Harry's descriptions of her are light and airy. Her hair is described as wheat-colored and that just makes me think of fields of grain blowing in the wind.

(I'm not using the descriptions from the chart).

Offline Salusen

• Participant
  • Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:37:43 PM »
This is an interesting theory!

I'd place Harry in Spirit, well in the middle of the Pentacle itself though. Because at the end of all of this, he's really the center of everything in the Dresdenverse.
I'd put Thomas in Earth, Elaine in Air, Molly in Water, and Waldo Butters(?) or Murphy in Fire.

-- Salusen

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 02:35:51 AM »
Harry and Thomas were left their pentacles by Maggie Sr., and at a best guess Elaine's was made as a twin to Harry's when they were together as teenagers. I doubt there are another two of them out there at present, but if more were to be made in future I'd guess at copies for Molly and Maggie Jr.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:02:32 AM »
Don't forget Harry and Elaine are starborns. I think that should have some importance.
But if there are elements, I am pretty sure Harry is fire.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »
I was thinking how Harry, Thomas, and Elaine all of the pentacle necklaces.  Each point represents the elements.  Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Spirit.  What if Harry, Thomas, Elaine personify each one of these points?  That they are actually connected to one another, and two other special people.  If they do, which elements would you think they represent?  Who would the other two people be?  One guess is that Cowl, and Kumori, or just Kumori. 

I know a lot of people have theorized that Harry must have at least one more sibling (some of them go as far as suggesting it's another brother named Richard) so combined with your theory that could account for at least one more pentacle.

OR

Perhaps the other two are Mirror Thomas and Elaine or Mirror Thomas and Harry? I'd go with Thomas and Elaine, making Harry a constant.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 05:38:38 AM »
Don't forget Harry and Elaine are starborns. I think that should have some importance.
But if there are elements, I am pretty sure Harry is fire.
Elaine could have been a Starborn, using the various criteria that Justin knew about.  She most likely isn't one though.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 05:40:04 AM »
 :o
I thought it had been confirmed.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »
:o
I thought it had been confirmed.

I think Jim said she met the birthdate requirements but didn't confirm if she was or wasn't.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.