Author Topic: Next book?  (Read 9354 times)

Offline Queen Mabb

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Next book?
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:55:47 AM »
I'm just curious if there has been a release date set for the next book in this series.  Really thrilled for Mr. Butcher to receive the Hugo Nomination.  Well deserved!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Next book?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:05:49 AM »
Nope, he has not even began writing it. He will begin when he finishes the Dresden book he is currently writing (Peace Talks)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mabb

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:24:05 AM »
Oh Hooray!  Another Dresden book!  OK, I'll just reread his other books until he's ready to publish!   :D
La Lune, chant a mon sang.
Mon sang, chant a la lune...

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
We have a title for the next book though: "The Olympian Affair".
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline finarvyn

• Conversationalist
  • White Knight of Chicago
    • View Profile
    • OD&D Discussion
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:12 PM »
This is, of course, an unfortunate offshoot of the fact that we have an author with more than one popular series -- he has to juggle them and only has finite time to commit to each. As much as I'm enjoying the Cinder Spire series so far, I'd almost rather that he focus on Dresden Files until it's finished and then come back to this one.
Marv / Finarvyn
Greater Warden of Chicago
Dresden Files RPG Playtester
I support Colonial Gothic and Thousand Suns
OD&D Player since 1975

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 08:51:51 PM »
Well, with Jim you never know. When he was juggling Dresden and Alera, his DF books came more often than when he only had DF. Writing Alera helped him. Now, he is taking more time writing Peace Talks but I think it's not because of Cinder Spires taking time from him but for tha complicated nature of the Dresdenverse and for real life circumstances.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
We have a title for the next book though: "The Olympian Affair".

Here's some stuff Jim said about the book:

(click to show/hide)
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline LostOne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 02:10:37 AM »
Has it been announce how many series Jim intends in this series?  If it's going to be a trilogy I might hold out until it is done to avoid the waiting-for-the-next-book agony I experience with Dresden every time.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 02:15:39 AM »
As far as I know, he has contract for a trilogy, but he said he would like to do other 2 trilogies if the first one is successful.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 02:27:55 AM »
Yeah, Jim from what I remember prefers a nine book series but can adapt the story to either six or three books if circumstances prevent that.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Ineptwizard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 08:02:46 AM »
Does anyone know if he has started working on the book now?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »
I don't know, but this week there are Q&A. He will be tomorrow in the virtual SDCC, so I am pretty sure he will tell  :)
Missing you, Md