Author Topic: [Spoiler All] Theory about futcher books. What do you think?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Micdavidson00042

• Lurker
    • View Profile
[Spoiler All] Theory about futcher books. What do you think?
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »
I love speculating about future books! I could use help finding sources to prove or disprove this stiff.
This series is perfect for that. Dresden Files is by far my favorite books to read currently. This https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/aijm5c/spoiler_all_theories_about_future_books_im/ is the best place I have found for connecting to other fans. You all are so helpful dealing with withdall between books. The community here is honest, fun, and friendly without being to meen. If you get excited about nerding out about your predictions I would love to hear them. Let's go crazy with this. The crazier and less likely the better, but I am equally interested in reasonable evidence based guesses. We know it's a 20 book series with an end cap trilogy. We know we are up to 16.

Does anyone remember a WoJ about the titles of the next books? Anyone know any rumors or theories?

16. Peace Talks: Peace treaty with Fomor. Secondary Thomas plot.

17. Mirror Mirror: Parallel reality, fix parallel reality. Secondary plot, need to get home? Maybe Susen is brought back with the real shroud right after the christmas eve story.

18. Heal Turn? (maybe): Pro Wrestling WWE. Secondary plot, heal infected? I think Lara and the hole white cort should be killed in this book. Would this work better for 18, divisible by 3 for vampires. Papa Raith would escape. Harry resurrects Susan, Elaine resurrects Aurora.

19. Blood Reign? Oblivion war, Ferrovax? If the white cort is still alive they die in this book. Molly dies and is brought back. Mantles switch to who? Susan or Aurora? Someone new?

End cap in this order?

20. Stars and Stones: Faith shows up. Denarian start the apocalypse in this book? Time travel. Go back again to fix your mistake from the first time? I think Nick and Marcone/Helen go back. Harry goes back after them then forward to find he died. So kill new Cowl then back to save himself in Proven Guilty. Then forward to kill Cowl again, and Lartessa is killed before Marcone/Helen go back.

21. Hells Bells: Go to hell git the bells. Stop Nick. Nick in hell, daughter in hades. Memory woke.

22. Empty Night: Raith. Ferrovax? McCoy backstab. Harry and Elaine dump mantles?

Theories!!! Let's speculate about the plot. Please tell me everything you have heard or think!

16. Peace Talks the series climax. War ends with mortals added to the balance of powers.
  • Justine is pregnant, the baby is killing her. Easy fix, Harry already knows Leanansidhe can seal off vampire hunger like Margaret did to lord Raith. So Harry will put off dealing with this like the parasite. This will make Thomas reckless and desperate, so he might die.
  • Harry is in charge of protecting the peace summit. The Fomor are planning something.
  • We know mortals are going to learn about the supernatural world. It's going to be big and bad, lots people will die. Maybe some of the senior council die? McCoy dies? I think the Alfas die and it's killing me.
  • Marcone and Raith will be part of the talks. Will we see Ferrovax, Nosferatu, Dracula, Svartalves, other gods we have seen?
  • Ive and Kincaid are in this book right? How is that going to go? I am so pumped for that Harry snark.
  • Could Murphy finally get a promotion to Valkyrie in the fight if Vadderung shows her favor?
  • I think the Alfas die, and it's killing me.
  • Will Cowl show up again? Like the last time a truce was being negotiated.
  • Is Nemesis going to do something? Let's debate who is infected. My guesses Murphy, Butters, Andi, Bob, Elaine, Carlos, Injun-Joe, and I think Harry, Molly, and Mab. Will one of them die? Obviously the last three don't die.
  • Plot guess; People show up and Harry greets them, interspersed with random attacks. Harry discovers the Fomor plan and cancels the summit. Big blow out that Cowl interrupts. Harry gets in everyone's face after to settle things peacefully. Someone is resurrected by the real shroud, Thomas, or Amanda Beckitt?
17. Mirror Mirror Parallel reality. My favorite premise! World building, time jiggery pokery.

• Harry prime(H/P) is looking into a mirror and is summoned by a alternate Harry(A/H), who is avoiding death.
  • Who is trying to kill A/H? Someone we know, a friend? Carlos? A knight of the Cross? Thomas?
  • WoJ Maeve will be fast friends with H/P. I think that Mavra will be A/Harry's thrall, so H/P will work with her to kill A/H.
  • A/Harry is either a necromancer or a denarian, right? What if both are in this timeline, because A/H summoned a different Harry that survived death? The necromancer goes to Mab after failing in Dead Beat, but one of the other Harrys goes to Nicodemus, after escaping the death trap A/H put him in.
  • Do we see Cowl? Who else do we run into?
  • Does A/H make suggestion or insult that implies H/P is forgetting something? A memory he is blocking out?
  • What choice in Grave Peril created this timeline? I think it was the choice to face Mavra. Harry sead, "God forgive me". There are too many ways the story could go after that. Please give me any theories you have.There are several major pivet moments after this choice. In this order:
  • Stop fairy war
  • Refuse Lash's coin from Nick
  • Save Michael's kid from coin
  • Thomas doesn't eat Justine
  • Remove evil Bob
  • Stop the dark hallow
  • Remove Lash
  • Changes
  • I believe Changes was a Mab choice because Harry used the hallow and removed Lash in the past. So how would it have gone in different timelines?
  • What if Harry left Michael to face Mavra?
    He saves Susan, but Michael dies. Harry stops the fairy war but has a girlfriend instead of an ex fiance. Accepts the coin because Michael is dead, or refuses out of gilt? Refuses Nick, and saves Michael's kid. Keeps evil Bob to research resurrecting Michael, but doesn't stop the hallow. Goes to Mab for protection, but studies necromance with evil Bob. Summons an alternate Harry to escape White Knight. Removes Lash with evil Bob's help. Uses hallow in Changes. Is he still a Knight after that? Did he stay with Susen? Does he know his daughter? Is he good? Does Harry summon H/P in Peace Talks?What if Michael survived? How would that play out?
  • What if Harry left Susan to face Mavra? What would Michael do? Would Harry leave both?
    What if Harry tells Susan to face Mavra if she thinks she can, but tells Michael that they will intervene if it goes wrong. The next thing that happened is that they are called into the ceremony, Susan goes in with Mavra. Harry and Michael go in separately. The story plase out the same, but Susan can't control the hunger because you left me. Harry dies quick(poison fatigue) and briefly like before but escapes with blood loss instead. Susan dies a full vampire, or lives? Does Susen make Harry a half vampire?

Harry stops the fairy war, but is doing thrall(lives) research instead or ghost(died) or vampire(himself). He knows evil Bob and has him in a separate sabertooth skull. Harry accepts Nick's offer, but gives the coin to Michael. Harry removes Lash into evil Bob. Harry stops the hallow. Summons Lash to escape White Knight. Changes? Does he have a kid with Murphy? Is he dating Molly? Do the Reds try to use Harry on the altar? What if this Harry is pulled into A/Harry's world?
Any theories about the rest of the series. Where do these fit?

• The denarian and demons of the white god are infected. Mass Effect end for Nick, you can't stop outsiders if you are infected.
  • Who is Cowl and Kumore? I say Marcone and Helen.
  • Ferrovax is the Devil. The end is a big fight between outsiders and him.
  • How does Nicodemus start the apocalypse? Apocalypse myth theories?
  • Could Harry go back through time resurrecting everyone who died with the real shroud? Cowl wants t stop death but Harry ignores it.
  • Thomas becomes a knight of the Cross.
  • Murphy becomes a valkyrie.
  • Hells Bells upgrade; black staff. Stars and Stones upgrade; memory of dark hollow. Empty Night upgrade; outer gaits.
  • Does McCoy go into Hell after Harry to help him out? Harry leaves dante's inferno with the black staff.
  • Does Cowl use time to stop death? Does Harry use perfect sole memory to gain power? Who is Cowl?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:24:26 AM by Micdavidson00042 »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoiler All] Theory about futcher books. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »
Where did you get the 19, 20 book title idea's from?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Micdavidson00042

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
I think it's a WoJ.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 02:22:01 AM »
20 is right I think but I doubt 19 is called ferrovax. Still nice collection of information on the futur books.

Offline Micdavidson00042

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 01:26:43 AM »
20 is right I think but I doubt 19 is called ferrovax. Still nice collection of information on the futur books.

How about Blood Raign?