Author Topic: Found this odd in Fool Moon  (Read 3711 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Found this odd in Fool Moon
« on: January 22, 2019, 05:15:13 AM »
When Harry was grabbing clothes from his room before rushing to the police station before Macfinn changed, he got blue coverall's with the name tag "Mike" on it.  He mentions that Mike accidentally left his coveralls in his trunk.

First I found it odd that Jim would even have something that random in there.  Second I find it odd that Mike would leave his coverall's in Harry's trunk.  Like why would he even place them in there?  I dunno it just seemed out of place to me and I felt like starting another off the wall topic lol.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Found this odd in Fool Moon
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:16:17 AM »
The Beetle breaks down about once a week. Mike's bound to leave all sorts of stuff in the Beetle.

Offline Wondering Wanderer

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:18:03 PM »
What a coincidence that Mike just happened to leave exactly what Harry was going to need in the trunk.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
   Mike may have had an emergency of his own which required that he shed his coveralls in a hurry..  So if he was working on the beetle when the call came, that's where they got stashed...  Or Harry may have bought them at Good Will because they fit,  to keep in the car for emergencies when he finds he has literally nothing to wear.  So the name tag "Mike" is just a coincidence that it happens  also to be the name as his mechanic.   

One thing to keep in mind, Harry is six foot nine,  so unless his mechanic is also at least six foot five or so,  heavy coveralls aren't going to fit because they do not stretch..  Yes, coveralls have some give but it is usually to accommodate expanding middles as opposed to heights.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:11:53 PM by Mira »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 08:24:15 PM »
   Mike may have had an emergency of his own which required that he shed his coveralls in a hurry..  So if he was working on the beetle when the call came, that's where they got stashed...  Or Harry may have bought them at Good Will because they fit,  to keep in the car for emergencies when he finds he has literally nothing to wear.  So the name tag "Mike" is just a coincidence that it happens  also to be the name as his mechanic.   

One thing to keep in mind, Harry is six foot nine,  so unless his mechanic is also at least six foot five or so,  heavy coveralls aren't going to fit because they do not stretch..  Yes, coveralls have some give but it is usually to accommodate expanding middles as opposed to heights.

After reading more I realized it was just a plot device.  Harry needed coverall's for his janitor disguise, and that was a believable reason for why he had them.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:59:33 PM »
After reading more I realized it was just a plot device.  Harry needed coverall's for his janitor disguise, and that was a believable reason for why he had them.
Just a plot device? Never. Nothing is without meaning and everything points to a great conspiracy influencing Harry and now Mike is a member.

Now we can speculate about his real identity.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Salusen

• Participant
  • Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 12:56:18 AM »
Just a plot device? Never. Nothing is without meaning and everything points to a great conspiracy influencing Harry and now Mike is a member.

Hahahahaha! Maybe Mac is a shapeshifter and he was actually Mike all along.
-- Salusen

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:32 AM »

Hmm... Who do we know that has disguised themselves as a Janitor before, has interests in Harry, and has enough supernatural power to keep the Beetle functional for as long as it did...

Clearly Mike is Mr Sunshine, moonlighting for extra cash.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
Hmm... Who do we know that has disguised themselves as a Janitor before, has interests in Harry, and has enough supernatural power to keep the Beetle functional for as long as it did...

Wow, that is weird enough to be plausible.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »

Could be, but wouldn't leaving his coveralls in Harry's car constitute a violation of free will?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »
HOW?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 06:58:48 PM »

I've actually wondered if there was something going on with Mike The Mechanic. Harry has described him as near-supernaturally good at what he does that I've wondered if he might be something more than human with an affinity for craftsmanship. Probably not a svartalf unless their dislike for iron doesn't carry over to steel (not sure; they're willing to work with it for enough money as opposed to the Fae being outright poisoned by it).

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
Nice catch. I remember reading that, but I never attached any real significance to it. Now I wonder if JB is working on a series of short stories involving Mike the supernaturally gifted mechanic set to the backdrop of the main book series.