Author Topic: Question with deeper implications  (Read 2381 times)

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Question with deeper implications
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:07:35 AM »
Do you think that Harry with Soulfire would be able to take on Lord Raith in a magical fight? Or do you think a Knight would be able to?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Question with deeper implications
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »
Do you think that Harry with Soulfire would be able to take on Lord Raith in a magical fight? Or do you think a Knight would be able to?

First I think Harry needs to find out just what is protecting Lord Raith.   At the moment Lord Raith is pretty weak, Harry's mom's death curse saw to that.  That is why Lara was able to take over like she did.  At the moment he just cannot be killed, nor die apparently even though he cannot feed.  If it is an Outsider or a bargain of some kind with an  Outsider protecting him, Harry may be able to take him because he is a star born.  However until he knows what he is fighting, I don't think he can.  I don't even think Lara knows what is protecting him, but if she does, she hasn't told Harry.  Oh and that goes for Thomas as well.

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:02:23 PM »
Sure, but I think the point of Soulfire is that it use combines faith magic (the most potent in the series that we’ve seen) with free will - from my understanding, this is an incredibly potent force - capable of fighting off Mother Winter.

I suspect that getting the ability to wield Soulfire is one of the prerequisites to manifesting Starborn powers.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 12:00:42 AM »
I doubt at this point he'd even need to tap soulfire; Winter has given him more than enough to do the job. The same tricks of summoning ice and driving it into the opponent that he used on Ariana and Nicodemus would work as long as the projectiles are ballistic by the time they hit his protection. Lord Raith is running on fumes at this point - Harry would have to be coming into it near exhaustion already to run out of gas to keep throwing strikes before Raith ran out of gas to heal.

Raith with the ability to feed recovered vs soulfire Harry though? That might be interesting. I think Harry would have to have an insight how to actually get around the outsider sponsored protection to make that version work.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »
Sure, but I think the point of Soulfire is that it use combines faith magic (the most potent in the series that we’ve seen) with free will - from my understanding, this is an incredibly potent force - capable of fighting off Mother Winter.

I suspect that getting the ability to wield Soulfire is one of the prerequisites to manifesting Starborn powers.

I think we saw the beginnings of his starborn powers when he was able to break Mother Winter's bonds.  He has used Soulfire before, but tentatively and though he knew from what Bob told him more or less what it is, he had little understanding of what it is.   The moment when he breaks
Mother Winter's bonds is almost angelic.. 

Actually it goes along with my theory about Wormwood and that it is Harry..

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »
The moment when he breaks Mother Winter's bonds is almost angelic.. 

It was very angelic - not because it was starborn, but because it was soulfire.  He didn't combine soulfire with anything, he just used pure soul.  Pure soul is what angels are made of.  So yes it was an angelic moment.