Author Topic: Good news and Bad news  (Read 5261 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Good news and Bad news
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 05:46:47 AM »
I thought the show was / is actually a very close adaptation. But I guess TV as a medium covers switching between characters a little differently than text.

Actually I thought the books were very good, the television series took longer for me to warm to
kind of like Game of Thrones..  But in fairness to both I missed the first couple of episodes, hadn't read the books first so it didn't make a whole lot of sense. 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »
I thought the show was / is actually a very close adaptation. But I guess TV as a medium covers switching between characters a little differently than text.
I think it was pretty close.  I've just found that I prefer a single viewpoint when reading.  I actually prefer multiple plot branches on television shows.  But when it comes to books, the more I have to keep track of, the more I grow disinterested.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »
I think it was pretty close.  I've just found that I prefer a single viewpoint when reading.  I actually prefer multiple plot branches on television shows.  But when it comes to books, the more I have to keep track of, the more I grow disinterested.

As you get further along in the books the television series becomes less like the books, the book series isn't finished by the way.   It depends sometimes the television or movie are better than the book or books, sometimes it is the other way around.