Author Topic: the Price to Mab on Christmas  (Read 5993 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: the Price to Mab on Christmas
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
My point is that it's not an issue of Threat or Not Threat.  Actual threats (the cultists) were not stopped, while Grey, who was not a threat but may or may not have been considered one, didn't want to push his luck.  That doesn't prove much re: Mab being a threat one way or another.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Something bugged me after reading the Christmas story. 3 powerful beings of fairy visited the Carpenter family home that night. Only 2 should have been able to freely enter with out spoken permission. It is Mols family home she is good. The mantle of Kringle could freely on that night by his normal means (fire place, with a gift). Mab appeared magically, with out spoken permission. That would be not possible  in a normal morals home. Let alone one protected by the Heavenly Host. Michael seams like he gets a message, smiles and walks away. He never invites Queen Mab in. She would have Had to Strike a deal with an agent of the WG (most likely Mr. Sunshine) to part the super threshold.

So what might it have cost her??? (or did Jim forget how well he created his worlds rules)
She made a reservation.  She had Kringle call Uriel's people and clear the decks so her crew could visit Harry without interruption.  She is also an family member by Mantle.  Michael tricked Harry into suggesting his own gift.  Uriel passed that datum to Kringle who was holding on the hot line waiting for the heads up, so he could bring the right present.  And finally Uriel gave Malcolm a Christmas pass for a magic moment. And as usual Harry was the only entity not in the loop. And Michael's kids got cheated.

Otherwise the normal rules apply.  Grey isn't human and isn't on the guest list and maybe has history.  The cultists were mortals.  The Angels are there to protect from supernatural threats.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:41:54 AM by morriswalters »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 03:29:46 AM »
psst..."angels"

(sorry, that typo it's a pet peeve of mine)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 10:43:21 AM »
psst..."angels"

(sorry, that typo it's a pet peeve of mine)
:-[ corrected.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 02:12:48 PM »
Thank you  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 12:04:41 PM »
As said above, as long as Mab swears to continue upholding the laws of hospitality and do no harm to those present, even if she is attacked first, she may cross any threshold.  In fact, she was going beyond that.  She was "Mrs. Clause" in her mode, delivering a gift to a good worker in her care.

The ring had no direct harm and cost Harry nothing by accepting it.  So, it was all good.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »
I think she had to have clearance to enter.  I don't think just because she was Fae and had to abide by hospitality rules allowed her to bypass angelic guardians.  I think there were assurances, understandings made between Mab and Uriel or other angelic representatives.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html