Author Topic: Mirror Mirror Mania  (Read 5981 times)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror Mania
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
I was surprised by that, tbh. I think my favorite baddie was Moriarty. His gaslighting was a thing of beauty. Will anyone get mad at us for getting off-topic? 

Offline prince lotore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
my mirror mirror hope is that the other harry is a much cleaner less comprised version of himself.  When it slowly dawns on him that he is the dark reflection it will hurt him in a way that only jim would do
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »
I was surprised by that, tbh. I think my favorite baddie was Moriarty. His gaslighting was a thing of beauty. Will anyone get mad at us for getting off-topic?

Some will, but it won't be the first time..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 08:07:28 PM »
I've never minded when people go off topic naturally. It only bothers me when it comes out of left field.

I used to get disappointed by things being over-hyped when I was a teenager, but I trained myself to not get excited about pretty much anything. I occasionally get excited shortly before big things in life. The bigger the deal, the longer "shortly" becomes. I pretty much never get excited about any movies/tv/books.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:47 AM »
With the other characters, it's a bit easier to see where they could go. Guess I'll talk about Molly first. It'd be great if her life was more positive without Harry in it, ironically enough. I do like the idea of Warden Molly and I can't remember who posted it, but they thought that Morgan as Molly's mentor would make them an interesting pair of antagonists. It could work if Morgan met the Carpenter family through Harry, and Morgan would be the one to take an interest in Molly when she shows her wizard powers. This means Molly would never end up a warlock.

Quite a few of us have speculated on Warden Molly as Morgan's apprentice. I could see it if Michael dies and Charity and Molly blame Harry, to the extent that manifesting her powers is taken as a 'sign from God' that she's meant to be the one to take !Harry down, and she reaches out to the Council and Morgan for the training to do it.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 03:40:32 AM »
As a not to serious suggestion of how Harry might appear in Mirror Mirror. It may be foreshadowed in Ghost Story on page 184 of the Kindle version.  Butters getting a light sabre is later.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 07:40:26 AM »
@Snark Knight, I really hope that's how it works. Dark-side Molly doesn't really interest me too much.
It'd be kinda awesome if Prime!Harry saw Mirror!Harry and was like, no, I'm the bad one! Of course, he'd have to learn it's not that simple, but still.
What about the non-kindle version?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
Don't know.
Quote from: Bob
I was half afraid you'd be some kind of demented Winter Knight wannabe with an eye patch and goatee or something.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
Oh, thanks. I've got the book not the kindle, but now I don't have to go hunting. Thanks. :)