Author Topic: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)  (Read 58283 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve from JB's Twitter (no news, just fun)
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2018, 09:20:21 PM »
Midnight Mass, like a Catholic often does on Christmas Eve?

Not the same weeping at all..  If you've ever gone though a first Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday, or any other significant day for the first time without someone really close, immediate family, child, husband, wife, parent, brother, sister, extremely close friend..  You'd understand what the weeping is all about.   To me, that is the kind of pain Harry is feeling..   Molly is trying to ease the pain in one material way she can, paying the bills,  note she also told Harry that he brought a lot of healing himself in the aftermath..  I also think the meaning of Kringle's gift is profound... I also doubt that he needs Michael on any direct line to tell him about his coffee conversation with Harry.  To me
this short story is about context,  with all the loss and pain, Harry is trying to carry on, because the world carries on..  His mom gave her life when he was born, that had to have brought great pain to Malcolm, but he put it aside to show love for his son and vice versa though a coffee mug lovingly decorated by a young son barely able to print and to that son with the coffee milk his dad made for him..  The mirror of that is Harry struggling to put together a red bike for his daughter, he could have bought it ready made, but his struggle screams his love to her though his pain.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2018, 10:10:42 PM »
That's what I get for not fully cropping the quote.  Murphy being at Midnight Mass only answers the question of where she is, if it turns out you didn't get your Christmas wish after all.

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »
Oh, he's totally teasing Murphy's death. He knows that his fans are so dedicated that they know about his "jest".

I guess we'll see if he's just torturing us for fun or keeps. Peace Talks cannot come out soon enough.

Anyway, it's good to get an unexpected new story like this. Very appreciated.

So, merry christmas and a happy new year to you, Jim! And the rest of you as well!

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »
Oh, and I am quite surprised to see that nobody thought to mention that Maggie apparently got introduced to Warhammer 40k.

The red ones go faster.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:14:38 PM by magnuskn »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2018, 12:53:41 AM »
That's what I get for not fully cropping the quote.  Murphy being at Midnight Mass only answers the question of where she is, if it turns out you didn't get your Christmas wish after all.

Which begs for another question, why wasn't Michael at Midnight Mass?  As devote as he is, and a retired Holy Knight as well...  My guess he was, it is after Mass,  home, snacks and the kids get to wait up for Santa camping out in the den watching movies until they fall asleep...  So while yes, possible Murphy is at Midnight Mass, it doesn't make sense that she'd attend and Michael and his family be at home.. 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:32:25 AM by Mira »

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2018, 06:22:07 AM »
Lutheran here not catholic but a lot of are traditions are close to th same..Christmas night in a large church might have 3 or 4 services. Growing up as kids my parents would take us kids  to the 5 pm service because it just was a lot easier when you have little kids to go at that time because you  want them fed and in bed by 9 pm. later on  when they are older the midnight service might be fun too do . there also also could be a Christmas morning service . if Michael or charity wants father Anthony Forthill  to do the mas he you might have choose an earlier service.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2018, 11:20:05 AM »
Lutheran here not catholic but a lot of are traditions are close to th same..Christmas night in a large church might have 3 or 4 services. Growing up as kids my parents would take us kids  to the 5 pm service because it just was a lot easier when you have little kids to go at that time because you  want them fed and in bed by 9 pm. later on  when they are older the midnight service might be fun too do . there also also could be a Christmas morning service . if Michael or charity wants father Anthony Forthill  to do the mas he you might have choose an earlier service.

Possible  but little Hank would be eleven or twelve by now, so plenty old enough to go to Midnight
Mass..   

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »
Courtesy of priscellie.  If you trust her on this point.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2018, 10:40:00 PM »
Courtesy of priscellie.  If you trust her on this point.

Thank goodness that Mister still has a life or two left!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »
She was not clear, and she didnīt mention Mister, other people did.
(click to show/hide)
it's that a Zoo Day quote? I have not read that. I don't know when Zoo takes place either.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2018, 11:47:20 PM »
(click to show/hide)
it's that a Zoo Day quote? I have not read that. I don't know when Zoo takes place either.
It is entirely made up. Maggie would never do so. Besides cats don't eat just everything you feed them and I have a very good idea about how our cats would react if you try to feed them broccoli.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2018, 12:01:18 AM »
 :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SintraEdrien

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2018, 02:42:56 AM »
I have to say, I would dearly love to see this story put on screen by the same crew who did the teaser trailer for Skin Game.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2018, 02:47:06 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I don't remember it from Zoo Day and what is wrong with feeding a cat broccoli?   :o  Merry
Christmas and Happy New Year! ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2018, 04:17:22 AM »
Same for you, my dear friend!  :)
Missing you, Md