Author Topic: Harry had help in Storm Front?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Harry had help in Storm Front?
« on: December 22, 2018, 08:10:18 PM »
In Storm Front after Harry had a lock of hair removed, and he was out of answer's he had nowhere to go.  Either shadowman would kill him when the next storm rolled in, or the Senior Council would when Morgan convinced them that Harry was behind everything.  So he began walking aimlessly for several hours and ended up at Linda Randall's apartment without even meaning to go there.  He also notes a bird chirping near by (not sure if it means anything or not).  This led to him finding a new clue under her bed which saved his life in the end. 

Anyways I do believe that earlier in the book the bread crumbs may have been laid, and information from future books could lead the fan to realize that someone was working behind the scenes to help Harry.  The crumbs laid earlier are: 
1.  If you know someone's Name you can plant a subliminal message to cause them to come to you as Harry did with Toot. 
2.  Harry says that several wizards on the Senior Council do have his full Name. 
3.  Members of the Senior Council knew of Harry's predicament because Morgan had called for a meeting of the Senior Council in Chicago because of Harry.
4.  Harry wonders around aimlessly and just happens to end up at her apartment.  Seems to me that it's conceivable that someone used his Name to get him there.

There is only one person I can think of that could have what's required to pull all of this off, and that's Odin.  He'd need Harry's Name, and the foresight as to why Harry could even solve anything by going there.  He had knowledge of Harry, a reason to help him, and limitations that stop him from outright telling him.  I think Odin would know of Dresden because he is a Starborn, his mother was known to the Fae, his Godmother is Leah, and it's hinted that Dresden is important to people in the know.  Those are reasons enough for him to get involved but more than that I think because he has a connection to lightning, and storm's that he'd be personally offended by someone using his domain of power to channel black magic.  So he probably has knowledge of Dresden, but also some reasons to help him.  Also because of the Rules he probably couldn't just tell him which is why he needed to tilt the scales a little.  Harry could still have failed, but he'd have been given a little nudge to point him in the right direction.  In future books this is consistent with powerful Being's.  They can help a little but not solve the problems for mortals.

After writing all this it slaps me in the face that Leah could also have done it...  Doh!  Well anyways I still think he had help!

There are other indicators that someone calmed him down through his pentacle necklace (his mom?) later on too... 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:19:47 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Harry had help in Storm Front?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 07:36:02 PM »
When I reread Storm Front, I get the impression that we will be revisiting this book.  At the least, many of the actors in the shadows will be revealed once we go back and reread it.  I think Mac assisted Harry lots with providing him with a car to get the job done.  He also wished Harry luck with a hand shake.  Depending upon who exactly Mac is, him wishing Harry luck may actually mean a great deal.  I mean he traded pleasantries, blessings with Mab.  And, she went with it.  I think we will learn more about the mail man that Mouse never growls at who enters the seen in chapter 1, book 1.  So, I think we will definitely learn more about him. 
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 02:38:58 AM »
I think we will learn more about the mail man that Mouse never growls at who enters the seen in chapter 1, book 1.  So, I think we will definitely learn more about him.

I don't think that's the same mail man. That was at his office, not his home.

There are other indicators that someone calmed him down through his pentacle necklace (his mom?) later on too... 

That's my gut reaction. There are several times that a disembodied female voice helps Harry. His mom feels right for most of them, but the one at the end of Changes very well could be Mab.

A couple of points on the theory:
  • Rashid could have known something with his mysterious abilities involving detecting black magic and seeing the future.
  • Odin did know an awful lot about the curse involved during Changes.
  • Morgan says he has convened the Council, not Senior Council.

As to point three, every "trial" we've seen has involved more than just the Senior Council, though in Turn Coat, Harry does mention that trial's are normally closed.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 02:59:57 AM »
It makes you wonder who got smacked by a bloodline curse a thousand or so years ago.