Author Topic: Peace Talks Update  (Read 91684 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Update
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »
Yes, I believe the same. Well, we all know it would happen.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2020, 02:14:04 AM »
As long as Eb goes out like a viking of a wizard, I'll be happy.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline TechnoLurker™

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2020, 08:38:58 PM »
Need to start re-reading the books again.  Pronto.

Offline Olmer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
Hi! I'm Russian-speaking Dresden fan. It so cool to see Peace Talks going to publication. But I would like to know when the translation will be ready for Russian. It's pretty hard to read in English for me) Is there any information about localisations on other languages? Did not find anything about this

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »
Hi! I'm Russian-speaking Dresden fan. It so cool to see Peace Talks going to publication. But I would like to know when the translation will be ready for Russian. It's pretty hard to read in English for me) Is there any information about localisations on other languages? Did not find anything about this
Hello, Olmer.
I think you will have to wait until the book is published. Maybe then your bookstores will have information about when translations will be out.
How long did it take with the previous books? Or are there even Russian translations yet?

Offline Nightfall

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2020, 08:05:06 PM »
According to some guy named Jim Butcher (but what does he know), Peace Talks out in July, followed by Battle Grounds in mid October. Basically, the thing got huge,and he had it suddenly swerve in a new direction, mid book, and his editor said "make it two books", so he did. That took time, but they will both be coming out this year.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2020, 06:11:47 AM »
... followed by Battle Grounds in mid October...

Late September (29th) in the USA.
1st of October in the UK (and, I presume, the EU (at least in English)?).

I have no info about translated editions.
Maybe go straight to Tor.com to ask?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
I am in the EU and I can pre order both the UK and the US edition on my iPad. The US edition is more expensive (10.99 vs 13.99 euro) and the UK version has a more colorful cover. The same for some European web shops like this one:

https://www.bol.com/nl/s/?searchtext=jim+butcher&searchContext=media_all&appliedSearchContextId=&suggestFragment=&adjustedSection=&originalSection=&originalSearchContext=&section=main&N=0&defaultSearchContext=media_all

(22.99 and 24.99 euro)

I do not know why I can get both and why the US version is more expensive. I do know that I can get the ebook on release day as soon as I press the button and for half the price of the real book and nobody has to wait for the delivery guy.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline TooruS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2020, 07:43:55 PM »
Hi.

I am from Spain. I preordered both books Peace Talks and Battle Gounds in paperback at Amazon in english. But I don`t know why Peace Talks is released after battle grounds in this kind of edition.

Peace talks in Amazon 22 April 2021
Battle grounds in Amazon  29 September 2020

Any idea?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2020, 03:19:02 PM »
Hola TooruS. I can't believe it, that makes no sense. I preordered it by kindle, so not problems.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Hola TooruS. I can't believe it, that makes no sense. I preordered it by kindle, so not problems.
Paperback Peace Talks is in 2021, but hardback both are in july and September 2020?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2020, 02:28:48 PM »
Hi.

I am from Spain. I preordered both books Peace Talks and Battle Gounds in paperback at Amazon in english. But I don`t know why Peace Talks is released after battle grounds in this kind of edition.

Peace talks in Amazon 22 April 2021
Battle grounds in Amazon  29 September 2020

Any idea?

Sorry for the double post, but I have looked again and you seem to be right. The paperback version of Battle Ground is due in September 2020 on amazon. But Peace Talks will come in April 2021 as paperback.

Weird. Could be a mistake made by amazon. I didn't look for Battle Ground paperback at first, because I assumed it would be after Peace Talks anyway.
I have preordered both e-books. I can wait for the paperback. But this is confusing.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
In Germany too, Regen?

In my account, there is no date for the paperback, but hardcover is in july for PT and not announced for BG
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:01:53 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
In Germany too, Regen?

In my account, there is no date for the paperback, but hardcover is in july for PT and not announced for BG
Yes. I believe, the date for the paperback PT is correct: April 2021. Because I compared the .uk and .com websites, too. But the BG release date of the paperback version must be an error. I'm sure it should be June 2021.
But secretly I hope the BG date is correct and the PT paperback will be out the same day as e-book and hardback. One can still hope ;)
I definitely want them as paperback, too, because I like to lend them to friends. And also because only the best books make it onto my shelf, too, and not only as data you can't touch or smell.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2020, 12:56:39 AM »
Pre-ordered my copy. Rereading bk14 and bk15 as refresher.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?