Author Topic: Peace Talks Update  (Read 91686 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Update
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2019, 01:32:02 AM »
... At this point I'd be willing to forgo that in favor of just a relase date. I just want the book already.

I totally understand all the life obstacles Jim faced. I was just hoping for some more urgency to get Peace Talks out. It feels like they're dragging their feet.

I'm also not as forgiving at this point of creators stringing fans along since I've been burned by basically all my major fandoms right now. Dresden Files is the only one left standing now, and that's probably another part of why this endless teasing bothers me so much. I can't stand it when people are stringing me along.

End of 2019 seemed possible as a release time for Peace Talks when it was finished. Maybe now they're going for end of 2020? Maybe I should just forget how much I want to read this and move on with my life, picking up future books when (and if?) they come out?

I'm just tired of this endless anticipation. The teasing is making me apathetic.

At this point, I don't think it's still Jim; not any of it since "The End" tweet.  It's the publisher.  Jim (or Prescielle, or other "insider" sorts) are giving info when/as they get it, as they are allowed to release it.  But the publisher is in the drjvers' seat at this point, and the next book is coming out when they decide; just info about the release is coming out when they decide.

I saw some suggestions that maybe Penguin is trying to fit the release into their schedule so that this doesn't cannibalize other lines' sales, nor those lines cannibalize PT.  They may have quarterly revenues they want to balance.  There may be a prior commitment by Marsters, in conflict with recording the audiobook, and they're trying to coordinate that.   Etc etc etc.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2019, 09:47:36 AM »
At this point, I don't think it's still Jim; not any of it since "The End" tweet.  It's the publisher.  Jim (or Prescielle, or other "insider" sorts) are giving info when/as they get it, as they are allowed to release it.  But the publisher is in the drjvers' seat at this point, and the next book is coming out when they decide; just info about the release is coming out when they decide.

I saw some suggestions that maybe Penguin is trying to fit the release into their schedule so that this doesn't cannibalize other lines' sales, nor those lines cannibalize PT.  They may have quarterly revenues they want to balance.  There may be a prior commitment by Marsters, in conflict with recording the audiobook, and they're trying to coordinate that.   Etc etc etc.

Agreed. I tried to think about the release from a money making point of view, though I admit, I don't really have a clue, just what I think.
October would have been good for selling.
In January people still read their Christmas books (maybe even bring them back to the stores, if they are not interested in reading them) and maybe won't look out for new ones, except us fans, but there may be new readers/buyers that go into bookstores or browse through the internet in search of new stories. I wouldn't do that in January, because I would have to wait for my finances to recover. That would happen in February at the earliest point. There is nothing else in February. Most people will have read their December books and be ready to buy new ones.

So I think, we might have to wait at least until February. And maybe longer, if it is true that they wait for the audio release.

Offline sayyadina

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »
I thought Jim had mentioned at an event that the publisher was really eager to get the book out ASAP once it was done. Its been a while so i don't remember which con panel it was that he said this.

The good news is I've had more time for my reread. The bad bews is I'm about halfway through Changes and there's no info.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2019, 06:50:36 PM »
There is news. Sort of. Soon there will be a date!!!! I'm so excited!
Read for yourself:

https://www.jim-butcher.com/

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Yay!!  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
You do know that's weird, right? :D
The way this is going, I think we'll get a release day around christmass.
hah. I wish I bet something.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2019, 10:59:47 PM »
Soon can never come too soon.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2019, 12:42:18 PM »
And I hope, reddit is correct. Haven't reddit myself. But I hope "VERY soon" is a lot sooner than the "couple of weeks" turned out (being 5 months by now).
Though I think we can agree, that "VERY soon" sounds a lot sooner than "soon".   ???

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »
Apparently the goddess said that it will be announced before Christmas, so soon enough for me.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2019, 11:33:42 PM »
The Goddess speaks again.
Via Jim: “Peace Talks News in the morning!”
Peace Talks

What it says on the tin!

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Peace Talks Preorder Update
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »
It's available for preorder on Amazon.com as of yesterday, for delivery on the release date of July 14, 2020. I already put mine in.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
Yes, I did it yesterday too.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Antonrol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »
I guess I'm going to put in my preorder as well. Might as well, right?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2020, 08:48:32 PM »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »
Read it. I see McCoy is in the book. Love him and fear for him. This may be THAT book.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?