Author Topic: Peace Talks Update  (Read 91707 times)

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Update
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »
Last post on this was about 3 weeks ago. I'm presuming that the early chapters needed some work because of the time lapse between start and finish.

Has anyone gotten any hints about where the manuscript is in the revision/editing process?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
No, I'm looking everyday. But no news on his website or twitter. I feel like a stalker. Oh no, I think I am a stalker. :o

... a Pea Stalker ... ;)
LOL
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:18:04 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2019, 05:38:28 AM »
I look everyday too  ;D

But on October 8 we will have a short story. It's something.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2019, 05:51:54 AM »
... Has anyone gotten any hints about where the manuscript is in the revision/editing process?

I suspect (quite strongly) that the editor/publisher intentionally keep things a black box.

Does anyone have the dates (did Jim reliably announce) for each book, when it went into the editor's hands..?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »
I keep looking as well.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »
There has been no news since the 22nd of July.
I am posting this because often, when I posted something like that or just  thought about it, there was an update not long after the post.
So I am posting that to provoke said update. Does that make sense? For me it does.
I mean, it's October!!!

Currently I'm re-reading Dead Beat, because I wanted a dinosaur, and I will take my time and enjoy every bit of all the Dresden Files up until Skin Game.
And read other books in between.
But I would really like to know now, when I can spend my money on Peace Talks in 2-3 different versions (paper, e-book and maybe audio).

I have already successfully infected my neighbours and some friends and will continue to do so. Sadly some of my colleagues would be interested, but are too reluctant too try it in English. Cowards.
Because I said, I thought the books have to be read in the original language or else the best would be lost in translation. 
But I won't give up.  ;)
I often tell them, yes, you are right, sometimes it's exhausting to read, but not because it's in English, but because you are not able to stop!!!!

Often I get asked "what do you read?" and when I say "Oh, it's about a wizard in Chicago" I can tell by peoples' reaction if there is a chance of infection or not.
I've always been trying to win over new readers of authors I like. And Jim Butcher is definitely in this category. Hello, Jim! Good work. I am a Dresden Files addict because of you.

So please, dear editors, enable an update, a release date or something. Anything.

Thank you.

RB

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2019, 03:14:44 PM »
There has been no news since the 22nd of July.
I am posting this because often, when I posted something like that or just  thought about it, there was an update not long after the post.
So I am posting that to provoke said update. Does that make sense? For me it does.
I mean, it's October!!!

RB

It made sense to me and I am hoping it works.  It has been long enough now that I think our hopes for a pre-Christmas release are getting unlikely :(

Offline CrusherJen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2019, 10:47:11 PM »
Agreed. If this was going to come out in December, I think we would have heard about it by now. I'm still hoping for January...

And yes, I've tried to Jimfect people too. I'm still working on my cousin... ::)
"An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."   --from Blood Rites

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2019, 10:58:22 PM »
I've successfully infected hubby.
I am sad because I was expecting a Christmas' release, but oh well, we will have to be patient. At least next week we will have a short story  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2019, 03:24:51 AM »
Latest word?  From reddit.
priscellie
Resident Intellectus
26 points ·
1 day ago

Don't trust any date that doesn't come from me, Jim, or Jim's website. His publisher hasn't set a date yet. It'll be at least another couple weeks before that happens.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
Darn.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2019, 01:09:24 AM »
Latest word?  From reddit.

i hate you morriswalters (tyvm).           ;)

Anyone know the spell Lea used to coccoon Susan and Martin?  It'll be "at least another couple weeks before" life has any meaning again...

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2019, 05:35:45 AM »
It'll be "at least another couple weeks before" life has any meaning again...

LOL
But you are definitely right.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2019, 12:37:31 PM »
This is like waiting for the minute the sun sets in Ramadan so I can drink. Or like waiting for the minute the oven timer dings so I can sneak some cake before my sister came :D
If you watch the clock it will never happen.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2019, 02:35:26 AM »
This is like waiting for the minute the sun sets in Ramadan so I can drink. Or like waiting for the minute the oven timer dings so I can sneak some cake before my sister came :D
If you watch the clock it will never happen.

Speaking from (probably shared) experience, the last fifteen minutes are spent staring at the clock, yelling at it for not going faster. I am also doing this to the calendar. You say it’s a bad idea, I say that I don’t care, I’m doing it anyway.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart