Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366716 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1515 on: March 29, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
I suspect, that our thoughts are deliberately led into the wrong direction.
Don't trust any Butcher. 8) ;)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:44 PM »
Maybe  :)

How are you doing, Regen? I am looking forward to my Zoom-hosted RPG session, in just a while.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 29, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »
I'm fine. At home now. We have watched How to tame your dragon as series with the kids. Now they should sleep. Theoretically. And we grown-ups want to watch Picard. I was too tired the last days. The kids will be at home until at least April 19th.

Today I realised, that I have a plan for the years reading order.  ;D
I have an audible abonnement on amazon now. I pay 9,95€ each month and there is one audio book included. The first 30 days I got two audio books for free without even paying the 9,95€. I didn't plan it that way, but if I get one audio book every month, I will be at Skin Game by July. Perfect. And in time for Peace Talks. Maybe get the PT audio in August, then comes Battle Ground in September. In December the new Alex Verus will be out. Cool.
I'm through with Turn Coat audio book. Now I'm continuing to read False Value by Aaronovitch. After that Smoke Bitten by Patricia Briggs (= the newest Mercy Thompson ). And there are some other books that interest me. That's great. I won't be without a book for the whole year.

This week I will stay home from work. It's Team #2's turn now. One of our doctors is in intensive care now. That's sad. But not yet on a respirator. I hope he gets better soon.

As for my Baby's birthday: Maybe I can ask her friends to sing Happy Birthday for her. I'm sure, they will do it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 30, 2020, 12:39:59 AM »
I'm fine. At home now. We have watched How to tame your dragon as series with the kids. Now they should sleep. Theoretically. And we grown-ups want to watch Picard. I was too tired the last days. The kids will be at home until at least April 19th.

Today I realised, that I have a plan for the years reading order.  ;D
I have an audible abonnement on amazon now. I pay 9,95€ each month and there is one audio book included. The first 30 days I got two audio books for free without even paying the 9,95€. I didn't plan it that way, but if I get one audio book every month, I will be at Skin Game by July. Perfect. And in time for Peace Talks. Maybe get the PT audio in August, then comes Battle Ground in September. In December the new Alex Verus will be out. Cool.
I'm through with Turn Coat audio book. Now I'm continuing to read False Value by Aaronovitch. After that Smoke Bitten by Patricia Briggs (= the newest Mercy Thompson ). And there are some other books that interest me. That's great. I won't be without a book for the whole year.

This week I will stay home from work. It's Team #2's turn now. One of our doctors is in intensive care now. That's sad. But not yet on a respirator. I hope he gets better soon.

As for my Baby's birthday: Maybe I can ask her friends to sing Happy Birthday for her. I'm sure, they will do it.

Yes, do that! I am sure she will enjoy it. Also, crossing fingers for your doctor and enjoy your time home with your family.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 31, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
A long distance hello.
I'm currently home sick with this swiving virus.
It kind of prompted me to pop in and say hello.

I can't promise I'll be here often, but I'm going to try.

Stay safe and stay weird.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 31, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »
Oh, my dear!! Be well soon.
I've been working at distance, and cooking more than normally. I did a banana cake, a lemon cake (I am not sure that is the translation. It's a sort of English pudding, but no fruit), some cookies. I am planning to do an orange one now. It's all too new for me  :)
Chiro came here the other day. She was doing well, dictating classes online too. We are planning the same, our classes at the university will begin on April 13th. It will be interesting.

Edited.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:54:53 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 31, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »
Maen all, doing well here.
@Shades: I hope you get well soon. My aunt has it now, she's a doctor in U.S., and she's locked herself in her home.
@Dina: Cakes :D yum! I never tried to bake any cakes, but with the lockdown now, I'm baking a lot more pies. I did some cookies last week as well.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 31, 2020, 08:49:33 PM »
Hi Fcrate, I hope she is going well. Doctors are in such a risk  :'(

As I say, I am not sure if they are actually "cakes". Here you have the lemon one (which was in the oven a little too much)

And here is the banana one (spoiler because it's big)
(click to show/hide)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 31, 2020, 09:07:26 PM »
I could murder a banana cake right now... I want to flip that cake out and take a huge bite (No slicing).
Btw, your kitchen is ridiculously clean :s Makes me feel guilty.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 31, 2020, 10:36:34 PM »
The first picture is actually in the table (over an individual blanket). The second one (with the corn) is in the kitchen, but you can see much of it.

I tried to have it clean, but I am not a fanatic or obsessive about it. My current problem are cockroaches  :(. I can't get rid of them and the service that normally comes to do the extermination (pest control) is not working now due to quarantine. So, it is complicated.

I have orange cake in the oven now and it is smelling good.
Instead, dinner will be easy. We already have some rice with a few veggies. Perhaps we will grill some burgers and that will be all.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 01, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »
There's a solution to cockroaches that I used when I lived in the city. You put some powder around sewer exits in your house, and maybe renew every week. I don't remember the powder's active ingredient though.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 01, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »
yes, I think sewers are the main "source" but I have many in bathroom and kitchen. It's quite disgusting.
Missing you, Md 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 01, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
Boric acid I believe.  In the US one was called Roach Prufe.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 01, 2020, 02:34:19 AM »
Good to see you in here (Weird) Morris  :). And thank you. I'll see what I can find.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 01, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »
A long distance hello.
I'm currently home sick with this swiving virus.
It kind of prompted me to pop in and say hello.

I can't promise I'll be here often, but I'm going to try.

Stay safe and stay weird.

Hi, I hope you get better soon. Virtual hugs.

I could murder a banana cake right now... I want to flip that cake out and take a huge bite (No slicing).
Btw, your kitchen is ridiculously clean :s Makes me feel guilty.
Me too. I can still find smudges of tomato sauce that I dropped two days ago. It was everywhere. Even on the ceiling. I tried to catch it. Managed to, but you know what happens to liquids in containers that are not closed, when you shake them brutally. LOL
I used the opportunity for some creative cursing.

Never seen a cockroach and glad about it. Please tell us, if it works, Dina.

I