Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366630 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1500 on: March 25, 2020, 10:25:42 PM »
Oh. My. God. !!!!!

I watched the trailer yesterday just before sleeping. And there is really another book coming.
Another book! And the first chapter of PT. Actually I suffered an emotional overdose. There are no words to describe my happiness.  :)

Especially after these exhausting days at the hospital. There are 3 colleagues tested positive with COVID-19. One got it from a birthday party 3 weeks ago, the others don't know. 2 of them had fever, but the third was very surprised. She had nothing. Was feeling healthy, no symptoms at all. They were just testing her team, because two of them were coughing. It will be only a matter of time now until more will be ill. We have created two teams now that don't meet each other and are alternating every week. Reduced workers doing reduced work. Only the necessary parameters that are needed ASAP.
Everyone is a bit tense.
But I'm not scared, just stressed. I think we have managed to slow the infection down, so that there will be enough respirators for those who need them.

So I want to thank Jim, Priscilla and everyone involved in the books and the trailers, for making me happy.
I wish, it could be July, now. ;)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 26, 2020, 12:00:21 AM »
First episode of PT? Where?

I am sorry about the problems in your hospital, I hope those becoming ill will be recovered soon.

Our country is having more than 500 cases now, with 8 deaths. I am very sad for that. Today I went out for groceries and, even when of course it was quite lonely, there were more people than I expected. I took all the precautions I could. And tomorrow some colleagues and I are having a conference to try to organize better our future classes.

And yes, thanks Jim and Priscilla for giving us things to enjoy now.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 26, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »
I overheard one of the managers at the store I work at today saying that during the panic buying at the grocery store, there were $700,000 in sales...in six days. That's beyond insane. That's practically an entire year's worth of sales in less than a week.

I was super pumped to see the announcement of two books this year. I can't wait for Peace Talks.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 26, 2020, 06:01:12 AM »
That is crazy! I donīt think we are that bad yet. At least, not around my place.

Yes! Two books!

Stay safe, people.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 26, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »
At the moment, this is going around as world after quarantine. Though I knew it from last year or so, it is still funny. Was watching it with the kids and we've been laughing until tears came. I couldn't stop laughing. Want to share with you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISUgbY_2uY

@Dina: have you found the first chapter yet? If not, look here:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/check-out-our-exclusive-peek-at-jim-butchers-new-dresde-1842415798?fbclid=IwAR2FhaMawU2qCHjue1e7IeAnAE8ObZccO1lu6cKUno2uL-z63Mq3d5IaI5k

At the hospital there are less patients now. Only the serious cases and those who need their treatments continued. That is noticeable in less samples. So today, I did the work that is usually done by 3 people. It went well, though I wouldn't want that to be that way forever. Sometimes I wished I had a third or fourth hand. Or a second brain. LOL

What's nice about the masks: you are able to look really stupid, and no one notices. :o
And if you are wearing glasses, they can't slide down your nose any more. Yay!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 26, 2020, 08:14:08 PM »
Thank you about the first chapter! I've read it and, even when I knew some things due to comments here in the forum, still shocked me a little.

I will watch the video later, now I need to work a little. I am glad you have not many patients now. Thanks for all what you are doing, please, take good care of yourself.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 27, 2020, 01:21:41 AM »
Maen all! Hope everyone is OK.
@Regen: LMAO! My stomach cramped and my face hurts from laughing :D :D :D Passed it on to everyone I know. Hehe.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 27, 2020, 04:39:10 AM »
@Regen.  I watched it now and I laughed a lot  :). The strange thing is that I totally remember having seen the crocodile and the flamingos. Only that part but I don't know where I've seen it.

@Fcrate, so far so good but who knows. It can change any minute. I hope everyone is safe.
Our quarantine was supposed to be until March 30, but everyone suspects it will extend at least until April 13th. I've been trying a few online tools for teaching and some way or another our students will receive the contents. Of course, I still need to do other things for my work but I think my favorite part is about the classes. I only regret part of the things I normally use are in paper...at work.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 27, 2020, 09:28:02 PM »
Hi, I just noticed, that in the video with the round animals, there was one missing. The cat trying to hunt the mouse. Here it is, among others: enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9E-PsIT0E

Next week, or so we have been told and hope, an antibody test should arrive. It would be interesting to know, who already had the virus without noticing. Those people would be safe to work with anybody, because they can't be infected again until the virus changes.

Next week it's also my little one's birthday. She is sad, that no one can come. Luckily I had her presents hidden since January. And I have a surprise for both kids: the new Frozen movie is hidden in our bedroom.  ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 27, 2020, 10:38:45 PM »
Hi everyone!

You can do a virtual meeting for your girls, so all her friends can say hello and sing the Happy Birthday  :).

Let us know about the antibody test results!

Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 28, 2020, 09:27:59 AM »
*finishes reading the excerpt* Harry's sanding in a giant humanoid footprint, huh?

I wonder.....  ???

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 28, 2020, 04:14:29 PM »
*finishes reading the excerpt* Harry's sanding in a giant humanoid footprint, huh?

I wonder.....  ???

Hmm... No clue. Giant Fomor sea monster? Poseidon? ;) Harry's own foot flattened by the heavy vest.

I definitely want more. I want to do the time warp though it is against the laws of magic and jump to July. Those little tidbits are driving me crazy.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:59 PM »
If you read the small description of Battle Ground, you will (almost sure) have the answer about the footprint. But don't read it if you don't want spoilers!  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:19 AM »
If you read the small description of Battle Ground, you will (almost sure) have the answer about the footprint. But don't read it if you don't want spoilers!  :)
I did.
You think so? Maybe, but it could be unrelated. I think it's something different. I'm very excited to read the rest.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 29, 2020, 01:07:07 AM »
I am pretty sure...but of course I can be wrong-
Missing you, Md