Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 370540 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1395 on: February 01, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »
I suspect kids here do the same, but my mom taught me not to do it since my childhood. Still I can do the contest, it will be fun  :)

SHS, wow, that was bratty.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 02, 2020, 02:06:19 AM »
Hah! You remind me of my childhood. Had those all the time. My brother used to mime a crank with his hand next to his ear and start spitting seeds like a gattling gun. :D

HA XD !! Oh that if funny XD !! We used to see who could spit em the furthest when I was a kid n_n .

@Dina: I can see why some people think spiting is a Dirty Habbit, but I xchocked on my own spit once, sooooo...Eh XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 02, 2020, 06:48:38 AM »
ugh, yes, that happens sometimes and is awful.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 02, 2020, 02:09:57 PM »
ugh, yes, that happens sometimes and is awful.

Ya it is -_- . Especially when people think your actually choking on something XD .

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 03, 2020, 12:34:37 AM »
"Since when has the army had fucking HR?!"
Well done. LOL
I have to admit, that I do swear a lot. In some situations it is very relieving. The Bavarian dialect has a lot of interesting swear words and phrases. Would be a pity not to use them.  ;)

In my childhood we spit cherry stones at each other. Boys against girls. It was disgusting and funny at the same time.

And by the way: one of my younger colleagues has blue hair now. I think she was a bit confused when she noticed my silly smile.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:40:48 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 03, 2020, 08:30:40 AM »
Well done. LOL
I have to admit, that I do swear a lot. In some situations it is very relieving. The Bavarian dialect has a lot of interesting swear words and phrases. Would be a pity not to use them.  ;)

In my childhood we spit cherry stones at each other. Boys against girls. It was disgusting and funny at the same time.

And by the way: one of my younger colleagues has blue hair now. I think she was a bit confused when she noticed my silly smile.

I understand about the swearing, I feel the same. There are many things I can only say in my language, and not even proper Spanish but the argot of Buenos Aires (which is called lunfardo).

And disgusting about cherry seeds!  :P
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 05, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
I got an idea n_n ! How about we all write out a list of Sware Words from our various countries and see what similarities and diffrances there are n_n ?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 05, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »
You'll find the most common ones are relatively similar in most languages. I'm game, but I wouldn't want to offend people who don't like swearing. Perhaps a network of private messages between those interested?
@Cherry seeds: Absolutely disgusting Regen.. What is wrong with you? :P Damn but I wish I thought of that idea. Maybe I would have if we had any cherries in Egypt :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 05, 2020, 08:03:07 PM »
Cherries are easy to find here but not that cheap and so it is not so common for children to have a lot of cherries to goof around.

I'm in about the swearing. I suggest we use the spoiler feature and do a warning before beginning.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »
@Crate: What kind of fruit do you folks have in Egypt? I always wonderd about that.

Not to worry, I shall make us a thread were we can cuss up a Storm and not worry about offending anyone n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 09, 2020, 07:07:44 PM »
Good idea, Otlan!

The other day I bought some cherries, they were delicious. And another slice of watermelon, we did some daiquiris  :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 10, 2020, 03:57:52 AM »
Glad you didn't drop the watermelon this time, Dina :P
@Otlan: Right now, in the market: Bananas, citrus, oranges (for eating), strawberries (early harvest). Pomegranate season ended a month ago.
We also have other fruit that's not in season now, and some imported apples (Green apples and Red apples).
In summer, we'll have oranges (for juice), watermelon, canteloupes (orange core and green core), figs, barbary figs, grapes of all kinds, a good variety of mangoes, our local apples.
Our local apples are the best of all. They're a light red streaked with green or the other way around. They're crunchy, juicy, tart and sweet at the same time in a perfect blend, and they don't have the annoying sponginess of red apples.
That's all I can remember right now.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 10, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »
Glad you didn't drop the watermelon this time, Dina :P
@Otlan: Right now, in the market: Bananas, citrus, oranges (for eating), strawberries (early harvest). Pomegranate season ended a month ago.
We also have other fruit that's not in season now, and some imported apples (Green apples and Red apples).
In summer, we'll have oranges (for juice), watermelon, canteloupes (orange core and green core), figs, barbary figs, grapes of all kinds, a good variety of mangoes, our local apples.
Our local apples are the best of all. They're a light red streaked with green or the other way around. They're crunchy, juicy, tart and sweet at the same time in a perfect blend, and they don't have the annoying sponginess of red apples.
That's all I can remember right now.

*Whistles* That's quite a seclection o.o . Thoses Local Apples do sound god n.,n ...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 10, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
That sounds very good. We only have pomegranates and mangoes in some fruit stores, not in all of them. I don't think they are local, perhaps pomegranates yes, but I am not sure. We produce many fruits but import others, mainly from Brazil, specially bananas, pineapple and (in less proportion) maracuya (passion fruit). We produce a good quantity of lemons (very good quality, I believe), grapes (a couple of our provinces are renown for their wines). Other two provinces have good apples and also produce (in a lesser proportion) pears and peaches. And relatively close to my area we have oranges, tangerines (I think that is the name), grapefruits. In the Patagonia, South of the country, we produce cherries, strawberries and several berries. In Buenos Aires we have all of them, more plums, figs and a few other things. In the North there are some fruits like guava that are not common in our fruit stores.
Oh, we also have kiwis, but I don't know where they come from.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 11, 2020, 09:16:52 AM »
I've had a weird time with swearing in the military. In a regular line unit, where it's just soldiers, no one really cares. But once you get to a higher echelon unit, like where I'm at now, and there's civilians working with us, all of a sudden it's not okay.

My supervisor pulled me aside when I first got here, and he told me to stop swearing before one of the civilians files a complaint with HR. My reply? "Since when has the army had fucking HR?!"

That supervisor gave up on getting me to stop swearing pretty quick.
Huh. Weird. I've heard my boss's boss say "god f***ing da***t" is probably higher than almost anyone else in the store. Granted, I work retail and she's a manager...
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?