Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366651 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1320 on: January 08, 2020, 04:15:03 AM »
It's ok. Where are you going? (If you want to share)

Apparently Jim Butcher site will have small Dresden things, every thursday. For instance, they did a new pdf version of last year Christmas story, with some art in it. And a few paragraphs (microfiction, they call it) about Dresden and Mike the mechanic.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 08, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »
Yes, I miss the Beetle too...

One of my aunts had an old Beetle once. It was red. But when her son inherited it at 18, he made it blue.  8) Funny car. It is sad, but it is long gone.
By the way, my cousin is a tall, dark haired guy. But no leather coat.  ;D ;D ;D Looked funny when he was driving.

About the website: it will be hard now for me to concentrate on other books, when there will be so nice little teasers flying around. I'm trying to read A Discovery of Witches. I think it's good, but I tend to get bored, so I do some fast-reading to get to where something is happening.
But I'll be looking forward to Tuesdays now.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:11:41 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 08, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »
Regen, that sounds great! I hope there are still pictures of the cute Beetle and your cousin in it.

And yes, it is good to know there will be something nice on Tuesdays.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 10, 2020, 09:00:44 PM »
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 10, 2020, 10:56:15 PM »
Hello Otlan!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 11, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »
Hey Dina, not at all, but it's not very exciting. I'm just running around doing papers for my mother's visa so that she can visit my brother in Berlin. She got rejected the first time around, they didn't say exactly why other than (Applicant didn't give enough reason to go back to Egypt at the end of the visit) Which is... duh.
Adding some money into her bank account now and hoping that a large enough bank account should settle their nerves :D She never used it anyway.
I thought Egyptian bureaucracy was the worst, but turns out that Germany might be a close second :P
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 11, 2020, 09:35:56 PM »
Germany is wary of inmigrants, I guess. She needs money in Egypt and also to show that she has "roots" for instance, a house there, more family (you are very important!). I don't know if she has a job in Egypt, but that helps too. Bureaucracy is awful everywhere.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 12, 2020, 01:46:20 AM »
No, no job. But a husband and 3 sons here, which I did provide proof of. And a house, yes.The only thing left to try is to remove the stuffing from the mattress and put it in the bank account. I'm not even kidding.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 12, 2020, 10:11:52 AM »
Ok, I think the husband, sons and home should be enough. I hope it all works well.

Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 13, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »
Good maen, y'all. LOng time gone. Rough few weeks. Kid sick twice. Mother in the hospital twice for heart attacks. I guess she really loves hospital jello. No worries about the b-day thing Dina.  Life has gotten a little too hectic of late.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 14, 2020, 12:11:45 AM »
OMG, I am so sorry to hear that, WF. I hope they are both better. What was the problem with your child?

Have you heard? All Tuesday will be small Dresden things in the JB official site. Last Tuesday there were a few paragraphs about Mike (Harry's mechanic) and a pdf version, with drawings of Christmas's story of last year. We will see what tomorrow brings us-
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 14, 2020, 02:05:28 AM »
Ear infection for Charlie. It's better. I heard about the Tuesday thing. Glad we finally got to meet Mike. Funny how Dresden ballparks people's ages like he does.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 14, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »
Ugh, ear infections are awful specially for a child. I am glad he is better.

It is funny that all things happening to Harry make him look older than a "normal" wizard will look. Saves a lot of problems, I guess.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 14, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
Hello Otlan!

Hello Di-Di n_n *Huggles tight*

@WF: Hey Amigo n_n ! Sorry to hear about your family -_- . No idea how anyone could like Hospital Food though XP . I sware it's just paper machae mix and grul shaped and painted to look like food -_- .

And why is is so strange that Harry ball parks people's ages? He's a PI after all, and when your dealing with immortal beings, I think age kind of starts to lose it's meaning.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:59 PM »
(((((Otlan))))
How are you?

Ey, do you think we could continue the RPG thread? I am sure the others will come if it is active again. I can even PM them.
Missing you, Md