Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366719 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1290 on: December 21, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »
The knee is better now. I put some salve on it, cooled it and put pressure on over night. Now the swelling is gone and I can almost walk without limping.

@everyone who are celebrating Christmas and are allowed to share a home with cats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iUECzbdYIdc

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 21, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »
The knee is better now. I put some salve on it, cooled it and put pressure on over night. Now the swelling is gone and I can almost walk without limping.

@everyone who are celebrating Christmas and are allowed to share a home with cats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iUECzbdYIdc

That's good n_n . Now don't do any more Ice Skateing XD !

LMAO XD !! Reminds me of Garfeild XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 21, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »
@ Dina: Best recipe there is,  really. Well,  unless you're having a BBQ, which is a completely different scenario.
@ Regen: Glad the knee is better.  Ouch!
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 21, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
@Otlan: promise: no more ice skating. I think Mab and I have come to an understanding now that she's had her fun with me. I even openly admired her malicious plan to let it rain in the early evening so that she can turn all the water to ice during the night. Very clever.

@Fcrate: We often eat noodle soup. :)
But there is a Swabian dish I like better. It's called Maultaschensuppe. It is sooo delicious. I have a link. The link says it is supposed to be like Italian ravioli, but they don't taste alike. Maultaschen are better. ;) (sorry, Italy, I still love you:) and your food) You can eat them cooked in soup or you can cut them and fry them in a pan with onions or leek.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maultasche
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 06:36:25 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 23, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »
Regen! I am so sorry about the falling. I had a similar accident a while ago at the hall of my building. Someone has dropped a liquid (I believe it was some orange juice) and, of course, I did not see it so I step over it, did some skiting and ending in the floor, knee first. Luckily I was not seriously hurt but I had to come back to put another jean and stay sitting a little, until the worse of the pain faded. So I sympathize. I hope you are completely well know.

@WF: Sorry I completely forgot about your birthday, days ago! I was quite busy until this Friday and my mind was away.

I am happy to report I will have some grilled cheese today, that makes me happy. Also on Friday we did a small party for the members of our Department at the university. It was plenty of fun. We had burgers and "choripan", which is a sort of grilled hotdog. It is a big part of the Argentinian asado (bbq) and it is one of the things I believe most of you (not vegetarian, of course) will love to try. Also, some beers a few cocktails and some panettone as dessert. We did a small "hommage" to some people that retired in the last couple of years and I've read some of the introductory speeches for each of them. We also had a couple of colleagues playing music/singing live, and then we just had some recorded music and danced. It felt good to have fun a little with people that normally we see only in a professional guise.

I bought a few things for Christmas today, so I am happy.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 23, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
@Otlan: promise: no more ice skating. I think Mab and I have come to an understanding now that she's had her fun with me. I even openly admired her malicious plan to let it rain in the early evening so that she can turn all the water to ice during the night. Very clever.

@Fcrate: We often eat noodle soup. :)
But there is a Swabian dish I like better. It's called Maultaschensuppe. It is sooo delicious. I have a link. The link says it is supposed to be like Italian ravioli, but they don't taste alike. Maultaschen are better. ;) (sorry, Italy, I still love you:) and your food) You can eat them cooked in soup or you can cut them and fry them in a pan with onions or leek.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maultasche

*Noda Sagicaly* Wise you are Renge. Hopfuly the Queen of Air and Darkness shall grant you her favor and heal your wounded knee. Mahap she'll even convince St. Nick to leave you a few extra gifts under the tree n_n .

I went and sae the Rise of Skywalker last night n_n .

@Dina: Sounds like you guys had one hell of a partty Di-Di n_n !

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 23, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
(((Otlan)))

Well, I would not say "A hell of a party", really, but it was very fun.
I saw "Rise of Skywalker" too! I liked it, it is full of fan service and I has been a fan for 42 years. I cried in several parts, but it was a good cry.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 23, 2019, 09:17:21 PM »
Oooh, I want to see Star Wars, too. Maybe it's still in the cinemas in the new year. Or we manage to find a babysitter on 29th or 30th.
I remember my father introducing the first movies to me as a child. He called them a science fiction fairytale. Fairytales are for children, so it was OK, I could watch it with him. ;)
But I hated the modifications made to 4-6 when 1-3 came out. And that it was so difficult to get DVDs with the original version. What I disliked the most, were the changed music when the dancer danced for Jabba, before he killed her. And that they cut out the original actor from the end scene of part 6 and replaced him by his young version.
And to be honest, there really wasn't any need of additional scenes. For me they kind of killed the old charm. They didn't fit into the rest.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 24, 2019, 01:09:39 AM »
I remember going to watch the movie with my parents too and feeling so excited and happy. And I completely agree with you about the changes in the original trilogy. I am not a musical person (sorry!) so I did not even realized the music change but the ending with the young version was indeed awful, specially because it is unfair for the original actor.
I am pretty sure the movie will be in the cinemas for a while, I think you are going to like it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 24, 2019, 04:59:19 PM »
Merry Christmas !

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 24, 2019, 05:13:54 PM »
Yes! Happy Holidays for everyone!  :) :) :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 24, 2019, 11:35:34 PM »
Maen everyone.  Merry Christmas to you and your families.  :D
Got a little lamb yesterday,  here she is.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 25, 2019, 06:59:09 PM »
God's lamb!  :)
So sweet!

I hope everyone is having a great time
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 26, 2019, 12:15:53 AM »
Merry Christmas Ya'll n_n !!

That Lamb is so CUTE XD <3 !!!!

@Regen: I hope you get to go see it n_n ! It was a very good end to the Saga n_n .
And ya, I and a lot of other people agree with you about the changes Lucas made to the orginals -_- . Except for the head bonk, thst was hilarious XD !

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 28, 2019, 08:08:19 PM »
Hello, weird!
They are showing all three parts of "Back to the future" on TV without commercials!!!
Very nice. ;D
Especially funny since the future in the movies is already in the past.
Always loved all three of them.