Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366800 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1275 on: December 16, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
I see we finally got a date set for the book. Probably start my re-read around April Fool's Day.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 16, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
I will probably do the same!
I'll answer the other posts later, from home.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 17, 2019, 12:07:09 AM »
Regen, my cats are always hungry, they leave nothing but a couple of drops of blood, so no stepping into mouse entrails for me... They way you stepped on the stomach reminds me of a little rituals that some people still believe in over here, if a woman can't conceive, she has to step over a freshly slaughtered bull right to left 3 times. You didn't get pregnant after you stepped on the mouse, did you?  ::)  About the vomit, thankfully I only had that problem once, when I made a mistake and washed the cats with Deltamethrin that's designed for large animals. I've never seen them vomit otherwise.
A wizard's hat? Heh. Heh... I hope she gets a wand on christmas to go with it.
Hello warden! for myself I'll postpone the re-read till may. I want to finish exactly the day I can get Peace talks, which is probably around the 3rd of August.
Dina, that sounds ominous... you're probably rolling up your sleeves and getting ready to flay us with words and probably psychic attacks over the ether. ;D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 17, 2019, 04:11:27 AM »
LOL, Fcrate! That reminds me other times here in the forum. Some of the inhabitants of this Weird would say I had some magical powers  :). Mainly because of my skills to summon people here, but also because of the infamous story of how one of my friends, who was teasing me, retreated in horror when her home was visited by maggots.

WF, that sounds like a good plan. As I said, I may do the same.

Regen, ugh about standing on mice remains. And I am very glad your daughter liked her hat. I am sure she looks great. Also, I read with interest about your hair phases. I never changed the color of my hair more than a couple of tones when I fail to achieve my natural color (trying to hide the white hairs). I did have a stripe or two of violet once or twice, but nothing more than that.

I have a new Christmas tree this year! I decided it was high time to retire the old one, and we bough a new one, which is taller and slender. Looks good!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 18, 2019, 06:36:37 PM »
LOL! Would love to. But the nice snow has been replaced by rain and storm. There is wet mud now. The snow will be back soon, I hope. Knew it would not last.
A day to stay inside. To improve my mood I took rainbow coloured wool and started to crochet a cap for my little daughter. I love making coloured things with wool, and am lucky my kids like to wear them. Because I don't. ;D Just want to make them.
I mostly wear black. A black winter cap is boring to make.

This morning at 6:30 the cat was bored and disturbed my sleep (I had planned to sleep very long). Apparently she was hungry. I let her out, got back into bed, fell asleep again, cat came back with a still squeaking mouse, which she ate beside my bed. I was to slow to stop her. Yuck! At least she could have brought one for me too.  ;)
After wiping away the blood stains it was a lazy day. I did nothing but eating, crocheting and some reading (still Ghost Story, but I'm almost done).

@Fcrate: was the hunt successful?

Bah, stinking Weather -_- ! *Yells up at the sky* WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR STINKING MIND ALREADY!?!?!?

You like to dress in Black Huh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8_vZXo8oY

LOL XD !! At least your cat is a good hunter XD . My cats take a while to kill and eat mice, and they live out doors. As for stepping on the remnats, stuff like that is why I started wareing slipers a round my house -_- .

And I looked up the tranlation of that hat you made. The English version would be a Ski Hat or Stocking Cap. If it was made of a diffrent matrieal, it can also mean Night Cap n_n .

@Fcrate: Oh! They look a lot like ducks XD . Well, I'm glad you guys had a sucsessful hunt and BBQ n_n . I hope you brought tribuet though XD .

@Dina: Ah, a Wolf in Sheeps Clothing. Ya, unfortently that a pretty typical politican -_- . At least she's gone now though n_n .

And you are magical Dina XD ! You summoned me back here didn't you n_n ?
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 18, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »
A wolf in sheep´s clothing, yes, that is the translation, Otlan. Thank you.

I feel like I have low batteries. Not my phone or any other device but myself. I am so looking forward a few days of rest. I have almost decided not to come to work on Monday 23 (we will have 24 and 25 off because of the Holidays). I need to do some shopping.

This year will be a little different. For the last several years (except when we went to London) hubby and I spent our Christmas with another couple, but this year she is not doing too well, so the husband is going to do the entrée (and buy the icecream for dessert) and we are going to buy Arabian food. Easy and relaxed. 
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 19, 2019, 12:25:08 AM »
Good maen, everybody!

@Otlan
Found a picture. The cap looks a bit like that. Only rainbow coloured. Hope the link works 8) Btw mine looks better! :)

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=%2BVPpwsXe&id=5EB3BD7D9AA91B335DD2CDFD1CFEF2E7F987EC06&thid=OIP.-VPpwsXexNM1L7y7-eq5QAHaHq&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm2.static.flickr.com%2F1248%2F1425799751_7ef89c5771.jpg&exph=500&expw=483&q=zipfelm%c3%bctze&simid=608017143360718145&selectedindex=110&ajaxhist=0&vt=4&eim=1,3,4,6,8,10&sim=11
And to be honest, I don't have such noble reasons for wearing black as Johnny Cash (great voice, great musician) sings. I just feel comfortable like that. Or more like I don't feel comfortable wearing different colours. Don't exactly know why. Often there is colour. I wear a red scarf against the cold. Often there are the coloured socks. Sometimes I wear a red, violet or blue shirt.  ;D
As a teenager I often hung out with the goths. By the looks I fitted right in (if it weren't for the hair sometimes), they were nice, but I couldn't really identify myself with their view completely.

And I told the weather what I am thinking. It doesn't seem impressed. I think it even punished me for being rude, because after choir tonight I had to scratch ice from my car's windows. Outside AND inside!!! Maybe I should just shut up and endure. :-X

@Dina
Taking off on 23. seems a good idea. Makes the holidays more relaxed.
Today (Thursday) we are going to look for a Christmas tree and I have to make our home presentable, because my parents are coming on 24th. So no more dust stars.   :(
We will make fondue like every year. With various meat, sausages and vegetables. And several dips.
The hair nowadays: I am back to my natural colour for several years now. I thought there would be more grey now, but you really have to look closely to find any.

@Fcrate
OMG it is true! Some years after the mouse entrail incident I indead got pregnant! Now I finally understand why! LOL
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:26:55 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 19, 2019, 12:48:21 AM »
@Otlan: Put in the effort, and you'll get a fair share. Come over and fetch for us and you'll get the guts, heads and bones. :D
@Dina: I'll stop pissing you off now! *trembling with fear and checking every shadow in the room*. Recharge yourself with some fresh juice and maybe a lazy hour in a chair infront of a window? :D
@Regen: Congratulations. LOL! But maybe a biology lesson is in order :P
Can I have some of that fondue?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 19, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »
Damn, should have listened better during biology lessons.  ;D
And of course! Hop over. There will be a lot of food. But bring some pheasant, please. I have never tasted one.
I think we will hang chicken, duck, beef, lamb and pork and Wiener sausages (the kids like them) into the fondue. There will be mushrooms and Brussels sprouts, too. And several dips and sauce. Bread and salad to pretend it's healthy. Though we don't use fat or oil any more. Since my mother has a bad stomach, we always use soup in the pot. The meat takes longer, but you can eat more.
That's the tricky part of the fondue. You eat little pieces, and you don't notice, you have eaten too much until it is too late.
After that I have to sing at church with an extremely full belly. It will be fun.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 19, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »
*Dances a Merry Jig as I read the news that Trump has been Impeached.* I got what I wanted for Christmas XD <3 ! There is a God XD <3 !!

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 20, 2019, 12:16:23 AM »
I think we will hang chicken, duck, beef, lamb and pork and Wiener sausages (the kids like them) into the fondue. There will be mushrooms and Brussels sprouts, too. And several dips and sauce. Bread and salad to pretend it's healthy. Though we don't use fat or oil any more. Since my mother has a bad stomach, we always use soup in the pot. The meat takes longer, but you can eat more.
That's the tricky part of the fondue. You eat little pieces, and you don't notice, you have eaten too much until it is too late.
After that I have to sing at church with an extremely full belly. It will be fun.
Yum... *drools* And yes, I love cooking with soup. Did you ever try boiling pasta in chicken or meat soup instead of water?  If not, then you're missing out.
I'll bring pheasants and maybe a couple of ducks. Wild bird meat is something of an acquired taste,  but those who appreciate it prefer it above all else. You boil them with cinammon sticks and a couple of lumps of ginger. Remove the birds, put the rice in their place, and you've got a feast. Damn, I've just made myself hungry again, and I'm about to sleep.  >:(
*Dances a Merry Jig as I read the news that Trump has been Impeached.* I got what I wanted for Christmas XD <3 ! There is a God XD <3 !!
Don't want to burst your bubble, but it'll probably amount to nothing.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 20, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »
I like soup! And I did the cooking pasta in soup thing  :)

My powers are quite mysterious. Sometimes work, sometimes they don't.

Fcrate I would have never imagined the wild birds would be cooked with cinammon and ginger (I like bot h things)

>:(Don't want to burst your bubble, but it'll probably amount to nothing.

Sadly, I agree. Don't be too happy, Otlan.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 20, 2019, 01:25:19 AM »
@Otlan: Put in the effort, and you'll get a fair share. Come over and fetch for us and you'll get the guts, heads and bones. :D
@Dina: I'll stop pissing you off now! *trembling with fear and checking every shadow in the room*. Recharge yourself with some fresh juice and maybe a lazy hour in a chair infront of a window? :D

Throw in the Gizards and you got a deal!

@Fcrate and Dina: *Sighs* Ya, I know -_- . But I can cling to futile hope...

@Regen: Ya, that's a Stocking Cap XD .

Bah, noble reasons are over rated anyway. Where what you like.

O.O ! Guess Mab didn't like you talking back to her -_- . Might I sugest makeing a Sacrifice as a peace offering?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 20, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
O.O ! Guess Mab didn't like you talking back to her -_- . Might I sugest makeing a Sacrifice as a peace offering?
:o I begin to believe you might be right. Today I slipped on hidden ice on the sidewalk, when I didn't watch out for a second. I fell on my bad knee. Now it's blue and swollen. And my back hurts. At first I was just grateful I listended to my inner voice not to take the bike, although I was being late. Slipping with the bike could have turned out worse. And I was glad that nothing happened to my violin I had on my back. 

Tonight I'm going to apologize to Mab for implying weakness in Winter. She knows I adore ice and snow. And predators. I admire predators. And darkness. Darkness is beautiful. I want her to take over now. Come on, it's December. Make Titania back off. Do you read that, my Queen? I will not show weakness in the face of Winter.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 06:24:29 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 20, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
@Regen: Yeow -_- ...I was kidding, but man, I guess you did piss her off -_- . Put some Ice on your knee and make sure to rest it -_- .

Mmm...that MIGHT please Mab. If not, I'll see what I can find to apease her.

@Everyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VuN4P7897k Murry Christmas :D !!