Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 369807 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1260 on: December 11, 2019, 10:30:39 PM »
*raises hand too* I don't like using the phone either, but I still do it.

Hello everyone, Jin, DC, so good to have you back. Otlan, thanks, but I am doubtful. Trump representative threw a tantrum and left early because in the ceremony (our president being invested) there was a representative from Maduro, from Venezuela, and Rafael Correa, former president of Ecuador was there too.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 11, 2019, 10:36:52 PM »
Hello Dina, Jin and DC :)
I never used voicemail. I don't even use call waiting, if you catch me free then it's fine (unless for some unfathomable reason I decide not to answer) otherwise you're shit out of luck. I think you guessed I don't like phones much. :D
Hey Otlan! I'm going hunting on Friday! ;)
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 11, 2019, 11:45:39 PM »
Maen everyone!!!

I always use voicemail, evrn when I'm at home, when I don't know the caller, when it is my boss and when I have other things to do than talking on the phone. I hate talking on the phone.
People can leave a message, maybe I call back, depending on the message. If one doesn't leave a message, the call was not important. Most of the time these are people trying to sell things I don't want.
When my boss leaves a message, I can decide when to call back. Usually, when she needs someone to take over a shift (in my free time), I call back 2-3 hours later. Often by that time, she has already found someone else.

I'm talking about the landline here. As I'm not paid for on-call duty, my cell phone number is not to be used for work related calls.
My cell phone is for me being able to make calls when not at home, for being called in an emergency, and not to annoy me during grocery shopping.

By the way: Found the book!!! It was in a drawer in one of my old baggy sweat pants I use for outside sports. Definitely a place where my husband wouldn't see it. I had to look three times in the same place to find it, even took it up once without noticing it. A really good hiding place. I am such a genius. ;D

I'm currently re-reading Ghost Story since last week, but it takes quite long. Maybe I'll skip it and continue with the next one. Not sure though.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 12, 2019, 12:31:50 AM »
Hello Fcrate!

It has been a very hot day today but it is getting cooler now, and it seems it is going to rain.

Besides that, I am feeling great because I just had some avocado, which I like very much.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 12, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »
*raises hand too* I don't like using the phone either, but I still do it.

Hello everyone, Jin, DC, so good to have you back. Otlan, thanks, but I am doubtful. Trump representative threw a tantrum and left early because in the ceremony (our president being invested) there was a representative from Maduro, from Venezuela, and Rafael Correa, former president of Ecuador was there too.

*Sighs and bows* I aplogize for my worthless poloticians Dina -_- . I can assure you and the rest of the world, not all of us are Biggited, Backassward Assholes -_- .

I hate talking 9n the phne with my sister, mostly because she dose it while she's driveing which makes it damn near impossdible to understand her, and because she tells me how I ought to run my life -_- .

@Fcrate: *Glowers a bit* Better not be Wolf hunting -_- ...
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 12, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »
Don't worry, Otlan, and I won't keep talking about that. I will only comment one thing, I remember many years ago (more than 4) we were talking here in the forums about the person responsible of economics here (I don't remember the USA similar position, Secretary of Treasury, I believe) who was a hit on the news of USA because of his good looks. Well, now, older but still quite handsome, he is the governor of the biggest of our provinces (Imagine, being the governor of California)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 12, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »
I only hunt what I can eat Otlan :) we're going for pheasants and moor hens tomorrow.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 13, 2019, 08:46:30 AM »
SNOW!!!! Yay!
Not much, but snow! Finally.
The last weeks it was just cold, you had to scratch ice from the cars and there was ugly cold wind. Now there are a few cute snowflakes falling from the sky. Everything still looks like covered with powder. Winter is here!  ;)

Good hunting, Fcrate!
Maen everybody!!!

Snow! Snow! Snow!  ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 13, 2019, 03:22:51 PM »
Enjoy your snow! The only time I has a cold Christmas (in London!) There was no real snow, just a few white touches in the air that melt before touching the ground. It was lovely to see, anyways.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 14, 2019, 02:13:53 PM »
Don't worry, Otlan, and I won't keep talking about that. I will only comment one thing, I remember many years ago (more than 4) we were talking here in the forums about the person responsible of economics here (I don't remember the USA similar position, Secretary of Treasury, I believe) who was a hit on the news of USA because of his good looks. Well, now, older but still quite handsome, he is the governor of the biggest of our provinces (Imagine, being the governor of California)

Wait, how did you guys get ahold of Arnold O_O !? I kid of course XD . But seriously, I did not know that. Hope he's doing a good job at least

@Fcrate: Good man n_n ! Should you ever require a hunting hound, I'm at your disposal n_n ! Though I will admit, I've never heard of a Moor Hen.

@Regen: *Hands you a Tobagan named Rosebud* Go nuts Kiddo XD !
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 14, 2019, 04:37:52 PM »
@Regen: *Hands you a Tobagan named Rosebud* Go nuts Kiddo XD !
LOL! Would love to. But the nice snow has been replaced by rain and storm. There is wet mud now. The snow will be back soon, I hope. Knew it would not last.
A day to stay inside. To improve my mood I took rainbow coloured wool and started to crochet a cap for my little daughter. I love making coloured things with wool, and am lucky my kids like to wear them. Because I don't. ;D Just want to make them.
I mostly wear black. A black winter cap is boring to make.

This morning at 6:30 the cat was bored and disturbed my sleep (I had planned to sleep very long). Apparently she was hungry. I let her out, got back into bed, fell asleep again, cat came back with a still squeaking mouse, which she ate beside my bed. I was to slow to stop her. Yuck! At least she could have brought one for me too.  ;)
After wiping away the blood stains it was a lazy day. I did nothing but eating, crocheting and some reading (still Ghost Story, but I'm almost done).

@Fcrate: was the hunt successful?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 14, 2019, 07:48:25 PM »
Wait, how did you guys get ahold of Arnold O_O !? I kid of course XD . But seriously, I did not know that. Hope he's doing a good job at least

Well, he began only 4 days ago, but I agree, I hope he is doing a good job. The former governor is a woman who likes to speak softly and smile like a doll, people called her Heidi or the Good Fairy, but she was actually very hard and (how to say it without breaking any forum regulation?) many people thought she was a really evil and cruel person. A wolf under the skin of a lamb, as we say. But many people (not the majority) loved her. Well, we will see how he does his job now.
LOL! Would love to. But the nice snow has been replaced by rain and storm. There is wet mud now. The snow will be back soon, I hope. Knew it would not last.
A day to stay inside. To improve my mood I took rainbow coloured wool and started to crochet a cap for my little daughter. I love making coloured things with wool, and am lucky my kids like to wear them. Because I don't. ;D Just want to make them.
I mostly wear black. A black winter cap is boring to make.

This morning at 6:30 the cat was bored and disturbed my sleep (I had planned to sleep very long). Apparently she was hungry. I let her out, got back into bed, fell asleep again, cat came back with a still squeaking mouse, which she ate beside my bed. I was to slow to stop her. Yuck! At least she could have brought one for me too.  ;)
After wiping away the blood stains it was a lazy day. I did nothing but eating, crocheting and some reading (still Ghost Story, but I'm almost done).

Ouch, that about the mouse was awful but I am glad you have a nice lazy day. And it is great that your children love wearing what you do for them. It is great that you are so good at crocheting. And I understand black is very elegant and all-fitting but perhaps you can use a little color? It is fun!

I need to do some working here, see you later.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 14, 2019, 11:33:37 PM »
@ Dina:
Sometimes I wear bright coloured socks. Does that count? ;D Or socks with motives: Snoopy, Star Wars, Hello Kitty, Simpsons and so on.

When I was younger I always had coloured hair. I liked blue. I really like Jim Butcher's blue hair. Reminds me of my blue phase.
But the blue hair was too much work for me, because if I don't bleach it first, it simply turns green. I am dark blonde. That results in an ugly dirty shade of green. I did that for the first time, when I was 15 on a Sunday with no emergency colour at home and no way to get some before Monday. So I had to go to school with dirty green hair. That was embarrassing. The bullies had fun teasing me, so I pretended it was planned that way and I kept it green for two weeks, so that they wouldn't think I cared for them laughing. Damned teenage pride.  ;)

But most of the time I had dark red or violet hair. I think I must have had almost every possible hair colour that existed. Except pink. I didn't like pink. The only times I regretted dying it was the green accident and the black hair. That really looked awful. LOL  ;D

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 16, 2019, 12:26:39 AM »
Thanks for the wishes. Our hunt was ok, it started raining heavily and we didn't find much to hunt, but we started patrolling again once it stopped and as usual the birds started going out while the sun was out, so we managed to get enough for a decent BBQ! (which we had yesterday. Yum!) Though I admit I didn't shoot much, as there wasn't lots of need for a lefty shooter on that trip for some reason.
After wiping away the blood stains it was a lazy day.
Go kitty! Now that's a cat I can admire. I had to clean quite a few blood stains over the years, but I never complained. Much better than the alternative, though now I have a red carpet (heh).
@Otlan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorhen

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 16, 2019, 06:05:20 PM »
Go kitty! Now that's a cat I can admire. I had to clean quite a few blood stains over the years, but I never complained. Much better than the alternative, though now I have a red carpet (heh).
Yes, you are right, she's our tiny but fierce huntress.
The red carpet! LOL. We had a red carpet with patterns once. When the light was low you could not see mice organs on it. I once stepped barefoot on a stomach. Yuck.  ;D But you never saw the stains. Also I noticed, that cats who have to vomit prefer to do so on carpets.
In this house there is parquet floor or tiles with some small carpets in very few places.
Bella usually only leaves bloodstains or some grass. Good cat. Also doesn't vomit much. 8)

And my daughter likes her new cap. I'm not sure, how it is called in English. It is a rainbow coloured Zipfelmütze. Maybe a pointed cap with the pointed part hanging down. Looks cute and keeps warm.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 06:20:20 PM by Regenbogen »