Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 367001 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1230 on: December 03, 2019, 01:45:44 PM »
I have a latch for front door and a chair braced under doorknob of side door. Believe me, I am all about home security. Amazon says locks should be here today. Hopefully the replacing part will go smoothly; I am not very mechanically-inclined.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 03, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »
@wardenferry: Don't worry, you'll do fine. How difficult can it be? Just some screws and stuff. It isn't complicated. I'm sure.

@everyone
I have just finished Changes again. Wanted to read something else first, but there it was. Now I think screw that, I'll read the last 3 too, and nothing in between.
I didn't remember the fun parts of Changes or that there even were any. In my memory it was just shocking revelation, destruction, destruction, fire, destruction, desperation, more fire, destruction, death, ice, death, more revelation, death and destruction, love, the end. ;D

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 03, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
Maen all.  Dina: no pain there. It feels the touch though.
@Regen: Damn but now you make me want to read them too...
@warden: it's very easy as long as the old ones aren't all messed up.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 04, 2019, 06:53:36 AM »
Well, that is something, Fcrate, I am glad she is not in pain.

Changes was the first JB book that I could not love and then same happened with GS and CD. I still like them but I always hated the existence of Maggie Jr and I could never recover the delight I had in the previous books. That said, I loved SG. You should have met me at the Changes time, I complained all day here (all the forum was much more talkative at the time. Weird was always inhabited!)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 04, 2019, 07:01:54 AM »
Ghost Story definitely is not my favorite book. The story just feels kind of awkward on it, plus for a book about a wizard it's fairly light on the magical concepts. Cold Days and Skin Game are, in my opinion, so much better.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 04, 2019, 07:03:48 AM »
(((((((((DC)))))))))))) Well, DC, you were here when I ranted  :D
How are you doing nowadays?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 04, 2019, 07:09:24 AM »
I don't remember the rants, but I'll take your word for it. ;)
Eh, I'm working retail during the holidays. It means that I'm working a lot of hours and making decent money, but I'm a part time worker so no benefits which truly sucks. I should be hearing back from an interview I had a couple of weeks ago soonish, so we'll see how that turns out. How about you, Dina?
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 04, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
Well, most of the rants were outside the SHOV, in the spoilers section.
To be honest, that sounds good enough for the holidays. What kind of work are we talking about?
All is going more or less the same here, I am having some busy days but hopefully around the holidays it will be somewhat better...at least if I can manage to do all the shopping.
I've seen the most beautiful Swaroski figurines of Star Wars characters. They are ridiculously expensive, but it has been great to see them in the store.
Oh, and I know we shouldn't discuss politics but I can tell you that we will have a new president on December 10th and I am so excited and looking forward it...
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:04 AM »
I was having more problems with Cold Days. I was confused, because it appeared to me, that some people were acting, as if Ghost Story never happened, or acting, as if something different had happened. But then I thought, maybe it has and there is a reason that will be explained later. Or never.

But hey, weird! Hello and good maen again. 
I wanted to say, that it finally happened: I have outwitted myself! Yeah!
I can't find where I have hidden my husband's birthday present. It's a book.
Where would I hide a book, so that he doesn't see it? I can't even remember, if I left it in the package. Or in which room I hid it. One should NEVER change one's usual hiding places, but I had to do it, since we moved our bedroom into a smaller room, so that our daughter could have a room of her own. Now there is less space to hide presents. ::)
But while searching I found other things that were missing, like my blue wig. And my summer coat.  ;D

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 04, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »
*Rises out of the Shadows, haveing been summoned back to this plain of exsitance.* Hello all n_n .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
Otlan! I've missed you!

Fcrate, well, that is something, I am glad to hear poor kitten is not in pain.

Regenbogen, you made me laugh. Well, let's search under the bed, between the clean bedsheets and perhaps in a purse. And good for finding things! I wish I had a blue wig.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 05, 2019, 12:22:04 AM »
I was having more problems with Cold Days. I was confused, because it appeared to me, that some people were acting, as if Ghost Story never happened, or acting, as if something different had happened. But then I thought, maybe it has and there is a reason that will be explained later. Or never.

But hey, weird! Hello and good maen again. 
I wanted to say, that it finally happened: I have outwitted myself! Yeah!
I can't find where I have hidden my husband's birthday present. It's a book.
Where would I hide a book, so that he doesn't see it? I can't even remember, if I left it in the package. Or in which room I hid it. One should NEVER change one's usual hiding places, but I had to do it, since we moved our bedroom into a smaller room, so that our daughter could have a room of her own. Now there is less space to hide presents. ::)
But while searching I found other things that were missing, like my blue wig. And my summer coat.  ;D
Haha! You remind me of my mother. Whenever she cleaned our rooms she'd put all the junk in its proper place, where is that? we couldn't say, and neither could she. She never remembered, which is the reason we all scrambled to clean our rooms before she found them too digusting and intervened. I had a space between my bed and the wall that was about 20 cm, completely closed off, and it hid all my treasures (books that I read while pretending to study, gameboy, hidden treats, my bad grade in an Arabic test, etc) and if mother ever cleaned, I was doomed.
Um, blue? what kind of blue? I'm imagining a bright turquoise wig that you use to scare the children. lol
Okay did you check the freezer? Or  :o the trash bin?
*Rises out of the Shadows, haveing been summoned back to this plain of exsitance.* Hello all n_n .
Hey Otlan! You shall not pass! Go back to the shadows.
Otlan! I've missed you!

Fcrate, well, that is something, I am glad to hear poor kitten is not in pain.

Regenbogen, you made me laugh. Well, let's search under the bed, between the clean bedsheets and perhaps in a purse. And good for finding things! I wish I had a blue wig.
And I wish I knew someone who wore a blue wig so I can make fun of them. :D
And thanks for the kind thoughts Dina. Though if she doesn't improve she will be at a severe disadvantage, not expected to survive long in the open. On the other hand, my dogs always chase the cats around for fun (never harming any, not unless the cats try to steal their food) but they seem to ignore the injured kitten now, the never chase it or growl at it, even from 20 cm away from their food. Odd.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 05, 2019, 12:36:37 AM »
Hi! Not that odd, they don't really want to harm the furry things, just have fun with them. No fun in playing with an injured cat. Hopefully she will get better but don't be surprised if she tries to stay around and not "in the open".

Wigs are expensive even the obviously done just for fun. I once tried to buy a blonde wig (I am a typical Argentinian brunette) to match a Supergirl costume I had rented, but I decided it was too expensive.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 05, 2019, 12:52:30 AM »
I like them to stay around Dina, to do their jobs, but it's near impossible to stop them from going outside the farm. Minion almost always stays inside during winters, whenever she finds me asleep she nudges my head to ask me to lift the covers for her. And now her kitten (from the previous litter) is sleeping next to us as well, but it's still to scared to stay under the covers, so it sleeps near my legs. Toasty warm :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 05, 2019, 01:18:14 AM »
Oh yes. Cats are great warmers! So I am sure the little one will try to stay inside now that Winter is coming. I am glad for Minion and her daughter having a warm bed too.
Missing you, Md